just curious - what happens if you miss a scheduled fastpass?

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
Suppose you have a reservation at be our guest at 11 and a fastpass for 1130 to 1230 for space mountain hoping you get to space mountain by 1230 (the end of the fastpass window), but be our guest takes longer than expected so you miss your fastpass. Does the fastpass just disappear from the app as if you used or cancelled it?

I don’t know why i wonder these things as I would likely cancel the fastpass if i knew we couldn’t make it.

Also, in 2011 we went to Disney and we booked fastpasses with the CMs at podiums. It was nice and relaxing to just go through Disney without all the stress of of an app and scheduling. Now that there’s the app I’d feel like an idiot for not planning everything ahead of time and refreshing etc. but i wonder if there are people who still do it the “old fashioned” way and show up at a park with nothing booked and book fastpasses at the kiosk podium thing? I’m not saying i don’t like the app. Just saying it’s a very different experience than it was in 2011

Suppose you have a reservation at be our guest at 11 and a fastpass for 1130 to 1230 for space mountain hoping you get to space mountain by 1230 (the end of the fastpass window), but be our guest takes longer than expected so you miss your fastpass. Does the fastpass just disappear from the app as if you used or cancelled it?

I don’t know why i wonder these things as I would likely cancel the fastpass if i knew we couldn’t make it.

Also, in 2011 we went to Disney and we booked fastpasses with the CMs at podiums. It was nice and relaxing to just go through Disney without all the stress of of an app and scheduling. Now that there’s the app I’d feel like an idiot for not planning everything ahead of time and refreshing etc. but i wonder if there are people who still do it the “old fashioned” way and show up at a park with nothing booked and book fastpasses at the kiosk podium thing? I’m not saying i don’t like the app. Just saying it’s a very different experience than it was in 2011

Yes, it should disappear if your miss your FP+, but it doesn't always. You may have to have a CM remove it.

Yes, the podiums are still there, and some people still use them. But they're pretty inconvenient compared to just doing it on your phone.

If you show up a little eArly for your ADR they’ll probably let you in and then you can get out a little earlier. also preordering your food should help with time.

Yeh. The app is very convenient. I guess the stress of planning everything ahead of time is just giving me anxiety. In 2011 we just showed up with only 3 dining reservations. It was nice but we arrived on dec 27th so the crowds were low. Standby for things wasn’t bad at all.

This year we are going during mardi break and i hear the entire state of Louisiana will be there. Lol

Normally they ski but since Mardi Gras is late (in March this year) everyone is going to Disney rather than skiing

Yeh. The app is very convenient. I guess the stress of planning everything ahead of time is just giving me anxiety. In 2011 we just showed up with only 3 dining reservations. It was nice but we arrived on dec 27th so the crowds were low. Standby for things wasn’t bad at all.

This year we are going during mardi break and i hear the entire state of Louisiana will be there. Lol

Normally they ski but since Mardi Gras is late (in March this year) everyone is going to Disney rather than skiing

If you were there Dec 27th before, then you shouldn't have any issues with being there in March. Xmas to NYE week is the busiest of the entire year.

We miss fast passes all the time towards the end of our trips...start to get worn out!

Nothing happens, they just disappear off the app as if we used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter