Just for fun poll: Do your kids still play with their droids?

Do your kids still play with their droids?

• Total voters

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
I know there are a lot of grown-ups who buy droids too, but I would like to hear feedback from those with kids who are say 3ish to 12ish. I know building the droids is super fun, but I'm wondering how much kids actually play with them when they get home or if the novelty is gone pretty quickly. We have an appointment to build 2 for my kids this weekend and I'm debating keeping it, especially with all the chaos around timing of BGs for ROTR.

Can't help you out either. R2V1 is mine! All mine! Oh and the kids are all grown up and moved away.

My 21yo son and wife built them, my wife was going to take her's to her classroom but hasn't yet. Son... don't think he plays with it.

Can’t vote. Daughter 46. However, wife and I each have an R2 unit and drive our boxer crazy with it.

Do the R units run well on carpet or will I only be able to terrorize our dogs in the portions of the house with hardwood floor?

My son is 7 and droid obsessed. So yes he still plays with them, likes to play droid battles, maybe about twice a week. Our r2 unit doesn't do well on our rug. It seemed to do fine initially but then started skipping. It moves fine on the tile. No problem with the rolling droids though. We just got back from trip with two days of rotr bg. We did not have trouble working around jedi training or droid build, just had to skip a muppet vision fp one day. The droid build took about 10 minutes but we had done it before in DL and my son already knew what he wanted. There was a line to get in to droid depot that was one hour wait yesterday. I assumed it was for people without reservations.

Do the R units run well on carpet or will I only be able to terrorize our dogs in the portions of the house with hardwood floor?
My R unit runs fine on carpet. It moves slower on the carpet than the hardwoods, and sometimes has a harder time staying straight on the carpet, but it has no trouble moving.

For all of you who have had your droids for some time now, I’m going to do Droid Depot in my next trip and am wondering: 1) How do the BB units hold up? I heard the head falls off easily, and 2) How much do they interact with the land at SWEG?

thanks!

For all of you who have had your droids for some time now, I’m going to do Droid Depot in my next trip and am wondering: 1) How do the BB units hold up? I heard the head falls off easily, and 2) How much do they interact with the land at SWEG?

thanks!
I built an R unit and bought the rebel personality chip. He made noises around DD, scared noises around the first order area and happy noises around the resistance camp. Ive never taken him without the chip but ive been told he will also react

Just last week, my son (15) took his to a friend's house. But they couldn't figure out how to make both of theirs interact.

He also took it with him to the movie theater to greet Star Wars fans.
FB_IMG_1576977408599.jpg

Sadly, our little R2 unit sits nicely on a shelf and has since about two days after we brought him home. I think I play with him more than my nine year old.

OP here, and I can report back that my 8 year-old son plays with his R2 unit daily while my 3 year-old has lost interest in his BB, I think because he's just more interested in the Paw Patrol toys he got for Xmas. The R2 is also much easier to control and doesn't require disassembly to switch on and off so that may be a factor.

Went in October and have 2 girls, 6 and 8, who both built R2s. I knew they wouldn't play with them at all but husband insisted. They've been sitting on the floor of both of their rooms since we got home. Wah wah!

We plan on building 2 in a few weeks. My kids are 12 & 8 so hoping they will play with it for at least a few days before it starts collecting dust.

My girls have expressed an interest in building a droid when we go in July. My 180 day window opens tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good time to book this experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!