Just for fun poll: Do your kids still play with their droids?

Do your kids still play with their droids?

• Total voters
My girls have expressed an interest in building a droid when we go in July. My 180 day window opens tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good time to book this experience?
Well, this may be too late, but I would go as late as possible in your day so you don’t have to haul them around, or get them shipped back to the resort. They don’t interact with the land in a significant way and they get heavy as the day wears on.

Well, this may be too late, but I would go as late as possible in your day so you don’t have to haul them around, or get them shipped back to the resort. They don’t interact with the land in a significant way and they get heavy as the day wears on.
I got it in time. I went with 8:00pm. Thanks for the advice! I hate carrying bulky things around the parks!

How long does it typically take to go through the droid building process? I am wondering if I should move my time a little earlier so we can still catch the fireworks or fantastic. I currently have 8:00pm booked.

How long does it typically take to go through the droid building process? I am wondering if I should move my time a little earlier so we can still catch the fireworks or fantastic. I currently have 8:00pm booked.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Fantasmic at 8 pm?

I couldn't vote, either, but my 59 year old husband plays with his constantly. If he were in the correct age category, I would have chosen option 3 8-) .

He has a few different chips for it and a special backpack made especially for it that he carried around the park. I didn't spend but a few minutes in Star Wars area, so have no idea what the thing did or didn't do.

I should add that he has a very pricey light saber he still plays with as well. It was purchased years ago, when just Star Tours was a thing.

[QUOTEp="Amy M, post: 61419839, member: 545925"]
In July both the fireworks and Fantasmic are at 9:00.
[/QUOTE]

Then you will be fine. You can even show up 10 minutes early and look over at the conveyor belt to decide on shapes, color combos, etc.

My wife’s R2 main unit had a malfunction on the right side. The CM took it apart, got a replacement and it still only took us 45 minutes for 2 builds.

Can anyone give me a little more detail on the droids? Can two droids interact with one another? I don't want a ton of droids in my house, but the kids have all offered to pay for their own and I'm just trying to make myself feel better by knowing that they might at least be able to battle or something.

I took my nephew to build one in September, a black BB unit. I asked about it a couple weeks ago. He still plays with it pretty often. They have a couple little dogs, which he says do not even give the droid a second glance. His crawling baby SISTER on the other hand, is fast enough to attack it and has knocked its head off several times.

She’s definitely with the resistance.

Can anyone give me a little more detail on the droids? Can two droids interact with one another? I don't want a ton of droids in my house, but the kids have all offered to pay for their own and I'm just trying to make myself feel better by knowing that they might at least be able to battle or something.

My kids have one each. They don't interact on their own as far as I can tell, but my kids definitely "make" them interact. I think it's definitely more fun to have two because you can set up obstacle courses for them to race around, etc. But the R2 will usually have the advantage because it's easier to control. Given the price tag, I try to discourage full on "battles" though.

My kids have one each. They don't interact on their own as far as I can tell, but my kids definitely "make" them interact. I think it's definitely more fun to have two because you can set up obstacle courses for them to race around, etc. But the R2 will usually have the advantage because it's easier to control. Given the price tag, I try to discourage full on "battles" though.
Thank you for the info. Too bad, it would have been cool if they made them interact in some way. Do both of yours have the personality chips? I still don't really get what those do.

our BB unit: KYLO-10 has been inactive for a few weeks. Lasted about a week before daughter put him on a shelf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!