• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just gave my notice

bubbleprincessmom

Mouseketeer
I just gave my notice at work. I'm so bummed right now, I really love my job, but they are moving and it would make my commute time over an hour and a half each way. I just can't do it. I was really trying to stay and make it work, but another issue I have is that the bosses son has been harrasing me for a few months now. At first it was kind of cute and funny (he is slightly "not all there") saying things like my mom and I really like you...I hope you make the move with dads company cause mom and I really like you. At one point though he sent me an email asking if he could come to my house one weekend . Well yesturday I WAS in a pissy mood and he came in my office and was being loud telling me my door was suppose to be shut (it was because we wanted him to stay out) and when I told him to be quite and leave he says "oh I know whats wrong with you" "its that womens thing" I told him to GET OUT OF MY OFFICE. I think thats when I made the final choice to leave, why should I drive that far AND be harrassed!! When I told them I wasn't making the move I did tell them that I thought they should know about his latest comments and now they think I'm going to sue (which I would never do) I had visions of being with this company for years, saw a future here and if not for them moving would stay.
Are there any travel agents on this list who work as independent contractors? They have offered to let me have an Amadeus certifacate at home to book flights,packages etc. not sure if I would qualify for unemployment then or if this is there way to get out of paying benifits.
I'm really sad right now to leave.....on the other hand I'll get over it with my Alaskan cruise I'm taking at the end of the month!!!
Monica

I know that was a difficult decision for you. If I remember correctly, you posted about this a little bit ago.

Enjoy your cruise and come back and make decisions then. Until then, enjoy the rest of us on the unemployment train.

things will better. Enjoy your cruise and with a clear head, you will have realized you have done what is best for you and your family!

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Scratch
:smooth:

I'm sorry. I hope things work out for the best though.

I hope you find another job real soon, Monica.

How old is the boss's son? I'm hoping he's a young 12 yo or something. He definately needs to learn a thing or 2 about idiot remarks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter