Just got back from a week at WDW using an ECV...

JJ1231231

Earning My Ears
We just spent 7 days at WDW before the three day cruise and had a great time! The only thing I will recommend for anyone using an ECV in the next few weeks, IF the weather is still cold, bring a lap blanket! I nearly froze the first few days in the park till I got wise and bought a small blanket. The blankets people were using from the resorts were so big and bulky that they were cumbersome. Bring a cap that covers your ears and WARM gloves...NOT leather ones!!

I am glad we went...but glad to be home too!

JJ
I Believe!!!

Very glad to hear everything went well! I am also glad to hear that you resolved the chill factor!
Sue

buzzwoody02.gif

Glad you had fun and figured out how to avoid freezing. When you are sitting there driving, you are not generating much heat.ÿ

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Good tip about the blanket for colder weather - thank you. When we were there at the end of November/early December we brought a white towel from the room every day to put on the ECV seat when it was sitting in the sun, & I was not in it (maybe in line or on a ride, etc.). Those black seats can get hot in the FL sun.

So, JJ how was the cruise portion of your vacation? I know alot of people on this board will be anxious to know how accessible you found the ship and Nassau,etc.. I know I loved the cruise completely, Hope yours was wonderful too!

Well,
We had major troubles in Nassau with the chair. The streets are NOT wheelchair friendly. The stor fronts all have a two inch step and the sidewalks are just not easy to manuever. We still had fun and I shopped at all the outside vendors, which was alot more fun anyway! I loved meeting the local people and asking them questions about the islands and how they live.

The ship was difficult in some areas due to the "seams" of the ship. I have found this to be very typical of the two cruises I have been on. I have been on a Princess cruise and a Disney cruise and had the same problems with our compaion chair. Maybe the chairs with the bigger wheels work easier.

At any rate, this did NOT deter me from having a good time...it only was a bother at the end of the day.

ENJOY!!

JJ
I Believe!!!

We were on the fourth sailing of the magic in 98.
Did they improve the excursions any?
When we were in Nassau the only thing to explore was the non-accessible town.
It was also so hot we returned to the ship.
Linda

We did not do an excursion...but there sure was alot of activity at the ship when we docked. So I guess there are alot more choices of things to do then just walk around the city. I wish now we had gone to the Atlantis hotel just to see it.

JJ
I Believe!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!