Just got back from SWGE rode Smugglers Run 18 times!

matt101980

Earning My Ears
We left on Friday and are on our way back now. We almos cancelled due to the hurricane but decided to risk it and boy am I glad we did. Parks where the emptiest I’ve ever seen. Went to SWGE everyday for at least a little bit and last night it was so empty I walked off and on 12 times in a row!

I really enjoyed the entire land and it was a truly magical vacation!!

that's awesome, you probably saw my DD more than once yesterday, she worked 10am until 11pm, they kept extending her hours cause 15 people called out and they were really short staffed

We rode it 3 times in the last hour last night. I’ve now done all 3 roles at least once, plus both pilot roles.

Yuli- if the land was short staffed you would never know it! Please tell her they did a great job!!

We rode it 3 times in the last hour last night. I’ve now done all 3 roles at least once, plus both pilot roles.

Yuli- if the land was short staffed you would never know it! Please tell her they did a great job!!

I agree. I didn’t notice it short staffed. Everyone there did an amazing job.

I agree. I didn’t notice it short staffed. Everyone there did an amazing job.
I will definitely let her know and tell her to pass it along. It was a super stressful day for all the citizens of Batuu

When does the ride close?

We left on Friday and are on our way back now. We almos cancelled due to the hurricane but decided to risk it and boy am I glad we did. Parks where the emptiest I’ve ever seen. Went to SWGE everyday for at least a little bit and last night it was so empty I walked off and on 12 times in a row!

I really enjoyed the entire land and it was a truly magical vacation!!
That's amazing! Did you do single rider or the regular line? Any tips on what time waits are the lowest? We head down Saturday!

That's amazing! Did you do single rider or the regular line? Any tips on what time waits are the lowest? We head down Saturday!
Just so you know, you can't compare what happened the past few days with any other time, (unless there's another hurricane)
The waits are drastically deflated due to how many canceled due to Dorian.

Just so you know, you can't compare what happened the past few days with any other time, (unless there's another hurricane)
The waits are drastically deflated due to how many canceled due to Dorian.
Yep. It’s like going the last few hours of the preview. You could walk on over and over again. But I don’t expect it to be like that under normal circumstances. While I’m happy for the OP, and anyone else who was there over the weekend who could do this, people should take any tips they get from people just returning home now with a grain of salt.

Yep. It’s like going the last few hours of the preview. You could walk on over and over again. But I don’t expect it to be like that under normal circumstances. While I’m happy for the OP, and anyone else who was there over the weekend who could do this, people should take any tips they get from people just returning home now with a grain of salt.
the OP wasn't really giving any tips just sharing his experience during his stay. Obviously it's not like that all the time

the OP wasn't really giving any tips just sharing his experience during his stay. Obviously it's not like that all the time
I know. It’s just that @armerida was looking for tips from the OP. I was thinking they might be disappointed if they follow tips based on the past week or so due to exceptionally low attendance.

Wait times are 35min right now! @_@

Guess there was some silver lining to not cancelling out trip this week.

I know. It’s just that @armerida was looking for tips from the OP. I was thinking they might be disappointed if they follow tips based on the past week or so due to exceptionally low attendance.
Right, I understand that there were some factors making this week not the best baseline. We were down for the AP preview on the 21st and rode 6x with no wait, just wondering what to expect. We’re more interested in just hanging out in the land and playing with the app this trip.

On a motion scale of:
Small World->Slinky Dog->Big Thunder->Flight of Passage->Mission Space
Where does "Smugglers Run" land?

On a motion scale of:
I’d put it between FoP and Mission Space Orange. Doesn’t have the G forces of Space, but it’s much rougher/more jostling than FoP. I’d liken it more to the back row of Star Tours (which feels like it has the most movement).

On a motion scale of:
I'd put it next to last, as in the least motion, out of those rides.
Small World
Smugglers
Slinky
BT
MS
FoP
Though I have a hard time comparing motion to a simulator to motion of a coaster. To me that's like trying to compare an apple to an orange. Sure both are fruits (or rides in this case) but after that, there is nothing similar.

I’d put it between FoP and Mission Space Orange. Doesn’t have the G forces of Space, but it’s much rougher/more jostling than FoP. I’d liken it more to the back row of Star Tours (which feels like it has the most movement).
I put it at considerably less than FoP because the simulation is so much more pronounced on FoP. The screen is not as "in your face" on Smugglers so it seems less immersive. If that makes sense. G forces put MS in a different category too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter