Just got off Amplified Oasis of the Seas!

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
Well ok, it was this Sunday that I disembarked but close enough. Went on a seven night cruise to Falmouth Jamaica, Labadee, and Cozumel. I had never been on Oasis before so don't really have a before to compare it to but it was amazing. And it didn't feel like 5000+ people ever!!

(I am not sure how to post pics now bc I used to use photobucket)

So did you see the incident with the Carnival ships?

I was eating breakfast outside at Johnny rockets and we heard a loud noise. We looked over the side of ship and saw carnival ship all crunched in. We didn’t see how close it came to hitting us though from our viewpoint.

I'll leave it to the mods to have the final say but I don't think they mind anyone mentioning CC.

Posting a link to it might be a different matter altogether.

Anyway, I seem to have sidetracked you. Have you been on any other cruise ships? If so, did that alter your expectations/impressions? Thoughts about food/entertainment/excursions?

I'll leave it to the mods to have the final say but I don't think they mind anyone mentioning CC.

Posting a link to it might be a different matter altogether.

Anyway, I seem to have sidetracked you. Have you been on any other cruise ships? If so, did that alter your expectations/impressions? Thoughts about food/entertainment/excursions?

I have been on rhapsody and navigator of the seas for royal. Princess something . Disney Magic. Celebrity solstice.

disney magic is still my ultimate fave cruise experience but I personally cannot afford it going solo especially. But then Oasis is probably my next favorite! There was just so much to do and see!

food-
lots of complimentary options. Breakfast at Johnny rockets was a nice change. I enjoyed breakfast at solarium.

sorrentos was a great go to place for a snack or lunch. I only got up to el loco fresh once and the quesadillas were really good.

I am extremely picky eater-palate if a two year old- and always found something in mdr to eat.

entertainment-
Definitely not bored. I actually did not get to sit and enjoy the ocean as much as I hoped but that was my fault for always doing trivia or something. Aqua 80s show was amazing. I’ve skating show fantastic. I enjoy Cats so I enjoyed seeing it on the ship. It was sad that so many people walked out.

excursions-
Did Dunn’s river falls in Jamaica and loved it. Then did a neat excursion in Cozumel called Mexican Christmas traditions. They only offer it in holiday season

overall a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter