Just joined Weight Watchers

I really, really miss having a bagel now and then. Made 2 ingrediant dough tonight and it was excellent! Turned out really well and perfectly cured the craving I've had for bread. May try it for pizza crust this weekend
Why can’t you have a bagel? I’m lifetime and always thought that ww allowed everything.

Why can’t you have a bagel? I’m lifetime and always thought that ww allowed everything.
Because the real ones are just too many points. Like, half my daily points. So I have made the 2 ingrediant dough and I can make those into bagels for 2 or 3 points.

Because the real ones are just too many points. Like, half my daily points. So I have made the 2 ingrediant dough and I can make those into bagels for 2 or 3 points.
This is what I don’t like about the new program. A bagel used to be something easily built into the daily allowance. The new program seems unsustainable to me. Too restrictive.

This is what I don’t like about the new program. A bagel used to be something easily built into the daily allowance. The new program seems unsustainable to me. Too restrictive.
It is not too restrictive if you build in a lot of the zero point foods. But some days I just want carbs. I will build up points for days like that ahead of time. I do like the 2 ingrediant dough and I find it super filling and for me regular bread just makes me crave more bread.

I still haven't tried the 2 ingredient bagels yet. I did buy the yogurt and I have the flour so not sure what I'm waiting for.

Hi all - just found this thread after someone kindly directed me here after posting about WW on the community board :)

I've decided to transition from the Ideal Protein diet to Weight Watchers both to save money and to find something more sustainable. I had great success on IP but have gained back a lot of the weight I lost so I'm looking for something that's less drastic of a change for me. WW has quite the following so thought I'd give it a shot.

I bought the ITrackBITES app and from everything I've read its the generic version of Weight Watchers, nearly identical. And the nice part about it is that it lets you choose which style you want to do - Freestyle, Smart, Points Plus, Classic.

So my question is - which style do I want?! From my previous diet, I'm used to eating high protein (ALL the meats!) and low carb, so would one of these styles be conducive to a higher protein intake? I currently have myself on Smart because that's the one I've read the most positive feedback on, but I don't actually know the differences.

Thanks in advance!

:wave2: Hi everyone! I just joined WW (for the first time ever) last Thursday. I joined late in the evening and tracked all of my food for that day. Of course I used up all my points and most of my weekly ones. The second day was a birthday party for my nephew so I had pizza, cake, ice cream and used the rest of my weekly ones. :rotfl: I didn't start out too well but I'm using this time (week) to see what the food I've been eating is in points. I am used to logging calories on Myfitnesspal and usually ate around 1500 a day and lost well. But I stopped logging because of Easter and jelly beans.... :eek: So many jelly beans.

Those are gone now and I have a few Disney friends that have done WW since the beginning of the year and have lost so much on the plan. It made me really curious. We go back to Disney for Christmas and I would love to be down 40 lbs or more. It's a surprise trip for my kids. Because we were booked then had to cancel and move to April 2019 only to find out that we could go at Christmas. So we decided not to tell them about the new change.

I did step on the scale today though and I am down a couple pounds since Thursday. I set my weigh in day for Friday so I'm not sure how I'll do. I am able to stay inside my points besides the first day and the birthday party day, but that is life... birthday's happen. I am sad that my bagel and coffee is 18 points though and have been trying to find something that doesn't eat over half my points for the day. :laughing: Like I said this week has been all about learning and changing little things.

I am very much for whole foods that are not very processed and things that are not sugar free, I don't like how sugar free makes my body feel. So easy zero point fixes are not in my future for those types of things. But I do love veggies/fruit/chicken so I'll be great. And I will fit my 'whole' foods in too. I won't be giving up 'real' sour cream, 'real' milk, 'real' cheese, or 'real' butter. Just in moderation.

:jumping1: I'm excited to lose weight with all of you!!

Hi all - just found this thread after someone kindly directed me here after posting about WW on the community board :)

I've decided to transition from the Ideal Protein diet to Weight Watchers both to save money and to find something more sustainable. I had great success on IP but have gained back a lot of the weight I lost so I'm looking for something that's less drastic of a change for me. WW has quite the following so thought I'd give it a shot.

I bought the ITrackBITES app and from everything I've read its the generic version of Weight Watchers, nearly identical. And the nice part about it is that it lets you choose which style you want to do - Freestyle, Smart, Points Plus, Classic.

So my question is - which style do I want?! From my previous diet, I'm used to eating high protein (ALL the meats!) and low carb, so would one of these styles be conducive to a higher protein intake? I currently have myself on Smart because that's the one I've read the most positive feedback on, but I don't actually know the differences.

Thanks in advance!

Hi. I didn’t know that app had all those options. I’m having trouble remembering, though I’ve done all those versions of WW. I feel like low carb fits very well with Freestyle. Smart Points worked well that way too, but good carbs (fruit, etc) counted as more points. Let us know how it works out for you!!

Lost weight nearly 15 years ago with ww on the old points program-have gained 8-10lbs over the past two years and decided to go back to get back to my goal weight. Well, I really like this new program! I get less points on Freestyle but most of the things I eat are less points or zero! Keeping track will be easier and I like being able to carry over points day to day-up to four, correct?
Seems like a lot of success on this thread-I weigh in next week so I hope to finally start to get these pesky pounds off for good!

Thanks in advance!
How are things going for you? I just rejoined last night and from the materials we were given I think you would like Freestyle-lean proteins, seafood, eggs are all 0 points as well as fruit and vegetables.

Is FREESTYLE working for you guys? I didn't see a loss, and got discouraged. How is it working for the rest of you?

I did WW when I was a lot younger and lost 35 pounds! I know the program has changed a LOT in the past years, and I'm trying to decide if I'd like to try it again now that I'm older and heavier (sigh). it sounds like it's pretty much high protein now - is that correct? Is there anything else to it?

I did WW when I was a lot younger and lost 35 pounds! I know the program has changed a LOT in the past years, and I'm trying to decide if I'd like to try it again now that I'm older and heavier (sigh). it sounds like it's pretty much high protein now - is that correct? Is there anything else to it?
Lean protein-chicken and turkey breast, seafood, eggs now count as 0 points. Also fruit and vegetables including corn. Things highest in points tend to be the more processed kinds of foods. Happily vodka hasn’t changed, so still can enjoy my Friday night martini!

Is FREESTYLE working for you guys? I didn't see a loss, and got discouraged. How is it working for the rest of you?
Oh dear. I will have my first weigh in Tuesday so I hope so! I will say I am paying attention to portion sizes even on 0 point foods-just habit of nearly 15 years on maintenance.

Hi everyone! I've always struggled with my weight and have recently gained another 10lbs. I'm really stuck in a rut of eating too many carbs and drinking too much hard seltzer! I'd really love to lose about 40lbs. I'm taking my teenage DS on a mother/son trip in May and I'm hoping that will help motivate me to get on track. I lost weight with WW in the past, but seemed to be able to fit my carbs in better than with the new plan. When I recently joined WW again, I was disappointed to see that they don't have their forums anymore. I really used those for support, to have questions answered and for great tips on creative ways to use points. I'm excited that I found this thread and look forward to going on this journey with all of you!

The new program took adjusting for me. I eat avocados every so often because I’m trying to get my HDL number up. They are a large amount of points. I still eat them but I do a half or a quarter instead of the whole thing.

What helped me to not get discouraged was to use a calorie tracker app at the same time. Sometimes if I went over my points slightly, I was still within my calorie range.

I tried my first class at my gym yesterday. It was an Aquafit class and it was fun! I’m going to try to do that a couple of times a week and then do the treadmill and bike the other days. I was getting bored with just those two so I’m happy I found a class that I like.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts