Just left the Fantasy, DO NOT WANT TO START A DEBATE

Cruise other lines. Dcl surprisingly has the most entitled guests we have encountered on any line. Especially the kids.

We thought that too until we went on Celebrity Edge, that was a stunner considering the average age on Celebrity.

That said when we were on DCL my daughter never waited in line for a character pictures and only mom and dad went on one of the themed cruises. The only pictures we got were random ones from around the ship or at the character breakfasts. Had we done the picture thing we may have had a different experience on DCL.

We thought that too until we went on Celebrity Edge, that was a stunner considering the average age on Celebrity.

That said when we were on DCL my daughter never waited in line for a character pictures and only mom and dad went on one of the themed cruises. The only pictures we got were random ones from around the ship or at the character breakfasts. Had we done the picture thing we may have had a different experience on DCL.

We have a similar experience: we usually make an effort to avoid lines and find that gives us a much better time at the parks. We see characters in the parks when we have fastpass or character meals and on the ship when we have tickets, character breakfast, or a random encounter in the hallways. The lines just look really unpleasant.

Same thing for the pools and aquaduck, which we do on port days. Basically, whenever we see a big crowd that's our hint that it's time to find something else.

We've been on HOTHS for the last two years and my kids begged to NOT go again this year. Trick or Treating was so chaotic and disorganized (and HOT when you got all those people crammed down small hallways) last year and I witnessed all the behavior mentioned previously. We don't have many options on when to book due to school schedule, but I think we're done with DCL for a while at least.

Man this stuff is so disappointing to hear. We were finally ready to jump back on a dcl cruise in September 2020 to do HOTHS. Ugh.

DCL is aware, which is why they are in the process of building a new DCL terminal at Port Canaveral.
Disney is not building a new terminal in PC. Miami is getting a dedicated DCL terminal. PC terminal 8 is getting rehabbed and terminal 10 is getting a refresh to share between Disney and NCL. The issues with terminal 8 have been ongoing since the Dream and Fantasy were launched. They expanded everything except the guest area and made the car drop off area an accident waiting to happen.

Once again I am sorry to hear this. My wife and I have no children so we do not do pictures or trick or treating. It is sad to hear not only children acting rude and inconsiderate but also their parents. I have not seen anything like this on the ship however I have seen it many times at Disney World.
Had this happen to us on the Dream. Extended family onboard, we were taking pictures. My nieces were just in front of us in the lines for pictures. 1 line for 3 opportunities. My nieces were putting there shoes back on from the previous shoot when I heard them call me. Some family walked up, around them and arranged themselves for a picture, which shutters was more then happy to take. even though my nieces were standing there talking to the photographer who knew they were next, as they were putting their shoes on. This family cut in front of 6 other families.

Is it possible to AVOID all of this Halloween chaos? Where are these HOT crowded hallways? My husband and I are booked on B2B 5-night cruises next September on the Fantasy for our 20th Anniversary. We have sailed 2 Halloween cruises in the past (Dream and Magic) but I don't remember it being a problem. But it's been a few years.

We did a HOTHS back in 2016 on the Fantasy, no issues with the trick or treat lines. Yes, the atrium was jam packed, but the rest was fine.
I guess common courtesy took a plunge since then lol

I agree on the Halloween on the Seas. Trick or treating was chaotic. No pushing but it was hard to tell where the lines started and stopped. I did like that they had allergy free candy at each station.

We've done Star Wars, Christmas and Halloween. We wouldn't do Halloween again (we were most excited to see the tree light up / pumpkins grow throughout the week but that didn't occur, it was off and then on) - just didn't seem worth it but would do Star Wars and love the Christmas themed cruises. Lot's of activities on Christmas ones unique to the holiday. My girls loved the Star Wars one even though they aren't into Star Wars. They most liked that the characters roamed the ship throughout the day and the themed music. I loved getting my photo with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. The speeder in the lobby was cool too.

Only negative on that one was people were trading with the Jaw-Wahs and sort of shoving up on them. My oldest wanted to get a picture with them and they stopped the trading as think they were relieved to get a photo. Folks (kids but the parents were there encouraging it) were trying to trade used napkins and other trash and pushing / shoving at the characters...the handlers had lost control.

Is it possible to AVOID all of this Halloween chaos? Where are these HOT crowded hallways? My husband and I are booked on B2B 5-night cruises next September on the Fantasy for our 20th Anniversary. We have sailed 2 Halloween cruises in the past (Dream and Magic) but I don't remember it being a problem. But it's been a few years.

Avoiding the Atrium on the Halloween party day will mean you avoid the ToT chaos. Its pretty simple, actually. Now there are still decorations so if you HATE Halloween that may be a problem.

Only negative on that one was people were trading with the Jaw-Wahs and sort of shoving up on them. My oldest wanted to get a picture with them and they stopped the trading as think they were relieved to get a photo. Folks (kids but the parents were there encouraging it) were trying to trade used napkins and other trash and pushing / shoving at the characters...the handlers had lost control.

wow. "adults"

Last March my daughter and friend waited in a slow line as was everyone. When they reached the front there was only one woman and child ahead of them. Suddenly a large number appeared from nowhere for their photo ops, apparently all her grandkids and families from a number of cabins. She insisted each separate family have a number of pictures as well as some very large group ones. I wasn't sure if this was common so as not to clog the line but most were nowhere to be seen all the time others were standing in line. It took a lot longer than it should have for sure.

I’ve been on several themed cruises, but they were not themed when I booked. Hopefully people know they don’t have to participate. My grandkids were never interested in the themed stuff nor were we. Been on at least 6+ hoths cruises and find other things to do. I’m on a Star Wars Cruise in January. It was added after booking. I have zero interest in Star Wars, so will avoid it. I’m sorry the OP encountered rude people. they cruise with us too when they aren’t in the parks. I like the lower crowds on the smaller ships. It’s the way life is now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter