Just off the Wonder!

I'm the father of the baby who won the Diaper Race. This was our first cruise with her and we loved Jack Jack's Diaper Dash! We thought it was hilarious that our daughter was the oldest one out there but half the size of the other two!

I'm booked on the Wonder for a seven night in 2610, which is 12 staterooms aft of OP's and starboard. Maybe I need to change? The rooms are mostly booked right now, but I'll have to keep an eye out to move more midship.

Oh I'm so glad you had such a great cruise! I know you were hesitant after booking this one and even considered cancelling at one point so hurrah for it being an awesome experience!

Grand Slam complete :thumbsup2

I'm booked on the Wonder for a seven night in 2610, which is 12 staterooms aft of OP's and starboard. Maybe I need to change? The rooms are mostly booked right now, but I'll have to keep an eye out to move more midship.

Hi, I'm the one who posted about having a noisy aft cabin. We didn't have any cabins across from us. Instead I think it was some kind of mechanical work area. Every night we heard a loud sound like metal being cut/grinding. Looks like you have cabins across from you, so shouldn't have that problem. I also think we were right under one of the kitchens, heard carts being rolled around, about the time second dinner was finishing up. We were in 2592. I don't know about the area that your cabin is in, but if you decide to change, stay away from 2592. We stayed in 2072 before and it was very quiet. It also had cabins across from it. I'm leary of those that don't because you don't know what will be across from you.

Last edited:
I'm the father of the baby who won the Diaper Race. This was our first cruise with her and we loved Jack Jack's Diaper Dash! We thought it was hilarious that our daughter was the oldest one out there but half the size of the other two!

She was precious!! Congratulations!!

very nice little TR. Thanks for posting it.
Who was club host? Did you get to go to any adult activities , if so, did you like them?

Jo was the club host. I wandered through some of the music trivia sessions but that was it. I’m not really into bingo or game “shows”. More a bookworm - give me a chair on the promenade deck or pretty much anywhere and a book (or my nook) and I am a happy girl.

Jo was the club host. I wandered through some of the music trivia sessions but that was it. I’m not really into bingo or game “shows”. More a bookworm - give me a chair on the promenade deck or pretty much anywhere and a book (or my nook) and I am a happy girl.

Nice! I've seen your types huddled near cove café with a latte in hand from early in the morning. ;) I'm known to be there often as well.
I hope you got to meet Denitsa (from Bulgaria) at cove café. She's such a kind should and always very attentive.

Nice! I've seen your types huddled near cove café with a latte in hand from early in the morning. ;) I'm known to be there often as well.
I hope you got to meet Denitsa (from Bulgaria) at cove café. She's such a kind should and always very attentive.

I never saw her there - mainly Leyston and Christine. They rotate their bar assignments (and yes, Cove counts as a bar) every two weeks so everyone gets a shot at the busier ones during their contracts.

Thanks so much for sharing! I'll be on the Wonder in 30 days! I'm very excited to hear about the strawberry soup. That has been my favorite thing on the ship and last year on the Magic they didn't have it at Palo's for brunch.

I saw Hector is Magic last year on the Magic. I honestly thought he was really cheesy so I'll be skipping that.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Thanks so much for sharing! I'll be on the Wonder in 30 days! I'm very excited to hear about the strawberry soup. That has been my favorite thing on the ship and last year on the Magic they didn't have it at Palo's for brunch.

I saw Hector is Magic last year on the Magic. I honestly thought he was really cheesy so I'll be skipping that.

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Yeah. I tend to balk at anyone who decrees themselves something in their name - like Hector is Magic or Jeremy is Amazing (I made that one up, but I've seen something similar.). It's like they're overcompensating or something. :P

What ports did you go to and how many nights was your cruise? We did the EC from PC last March. I hope the Wonder continues to do cruises from PC after the new ships start cruising. I'm slightly worried it will only do Alaska, Galveston and NO then. We've had hyptonists (2 different ones) on our last 2 Fantasy cruises. If there's one next year on our cruise I might jump over board!!

This was a 4-night. Nassau, Castaway Sea Day.

I agree. The only one of those places that interests me is Alaska - no desire to go to anywhere in Texas or to New Orleans just to get on a ship.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. The Wonder is my favorite ship. I love Tiana's Place and the Frozen show. I also think the cast members are the best. I was supposed to be going on the Wonder to Alaska in May, but had to cancel so I'm super disappointed. It's nice to read other people's experiences to remember all of the wonderful things on the ship.

Why it's important to read the whole post: I first read only the part in bold and thought you were getting an extremely advanced booking.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter