Just ordering coffee at Be Our Guest Breakfast?

Its not a normal ala carte type quick service --it is a "package menu" which I think will require each reservation to pay the full price.

No, this is not true.
As long as you order any one thing, which could even be just a coffee, or a single cupcake, you will be ok. Only one member of your entire party needs to order something so that you won’t be charged the $10 per person no show fee. Also, You can share an entree, adults can order from the kids menu, etc. In addition, you do have to order an entree to get the pastry tray. It is delivered at the same time the rest of your order arrives. If you only order one entree at your table, you will only get one pastry tray, but you will be given more than one pastry tray to share for your table if you have a large party and several people order entrees. I was there solo in January and I ordered a kid’s breakfast and got the regular pastry tray with it.

No, this is not true.
As long as you order any one thing, which could even be just a coffee, or a single cupcake, you will be ok. Only one member of your entire party needs to order something so that you won’t be charged the $10 per person no show fee. Also, You can share an entree, adults can order from the kids menu, etc. In addition, you do have to order an entree to get the pastry tray. It is delivered at the same time the rest of your order arrives. If you only order one entree at your table, you will only get one pastry tray, but you will be given more than one pastry tray to share for your table if you have a large party and several people order entrees. I was there solo in January and I ordered a kid’s breakfast and got the regular pastry tray with it.
It’s actually better than that. You only need to check in to avoid the $10 per person fee. We checked in, walked inside, past the food order kiosks (got some strange looks from the CMs) checked out the rose room and left. No fuss no muss. And no no show charges.

We are going for for PPO breakfast in April. We are ordering 2 kids meals for our family of 5. We will also have the pastry platter. The kids eat as soon as they wake up so Im sure they will also have a little something in our room first.

I'll judge. And I care. That's just wrong. It's inconsiderate of others trying to get an ADR to actually eat there. It's selfish.
Ok... sorry politeness police. It's called a touring plan and strategy. I bounced this idea off of every board and blogger that I've ever heard about regarding whether this was frowned upon and you are literally the only one to mention any concern about this.
Oh well, it happened already and all 6 of us got on 7DMT and Peter Pan without wasting a FP. I'll call that a win.

I'll judge. And I care. That's just wrong. It's inconsiderate of others trying to get an ADR to actually eat there. It's selfish.

Well, they aren't the only ones you'll need to judge. I'd say at least 50% of the people who get PPO ADRs do so solely for the opportunity to hit 7DMT or PP and don't really want to eat there. They may order something because they feel they should, but that's not their reason for being there. Are they also being inconsiderate?

Personally, I think your judgment is due only to Disney who created this mess by not making breakfast a true prix fix and requiring everyone to order.

Well, they aren't the only ones you'll need to judge. I'd say at least 50% of the people who get PPO ADRs do so solely for the opportunity to hit 7DMT or PP and don't really want to eat there. They may order something because they feel they should, but that's not their reason for being there. Are they also being inconsiderate?

Personally, I think your judgment is due only to Disney who created this mess by not making breakfast a true prix fix and requiring everyone to order.
Or make it truly table service, like they did with lunch. That would sort the problem.

Again, give it time. When Disney notices enough people checking in and not buying or only buying a coffee, the rules will change.

Considering it's been open for over 5 years and people have been doing this from the beginning, I'd say enough time has passed. For whatever reason, they don't care. They even made it easier by adding the cupcakes and coffee as a la carte items.

Considering it's been open for over 5 years and people have been doing this from the beginning, I'd say enough time has passed. For whatever reason, they don't care. They even made it easier by adding the cupcakes and coffee as a la carte items.

You could be right. And that breakfast menu is pretty pricey for what you actually get.

To me it is one of those things that yes, you can do it. But no, it really is pretty rude to do it. I can't help but wonder how many people are disappointed to not get an ADR.

And many of those disappointed people, are only disappointed because they couldn’t get a pre park opening reservation just so they could order next to nothing to get a jump on riding Seven Dwarfs. It’s one and the same really.

I find it pretty easy to get a breakfast reservation right after 9am actually. So if people are there for the food, they could find a breakfast reservation after 9am without too much effort.

We would love to have coffee and a cupcake then hit SDMT. Earliest reservation I could get was 8:35. Will that be too late? We are going mid-May.

We would love to have coffee and a cupcake then hit SDMT. Earliest reservation I could get was 8:35. Will that be too late? We are going mid-May.

Nope. Be at MK around 7:45. You'll be let into the park and into BoG as early as 8:00. You can leisurely enjoy your coffee and cupcake and then head out to find where they have the line waiting for 7DMT.

I agree. Disney has not only created this atmosphere, they encouraged it by adding a cupcake to the menu so folks could order coffee and Dessert. If this was truely a problem it would be corrected by enforcing the fixed price menu order, which was in place from day one. They tossed that out day one with probably the first person who entered and tested to see if it was possibel to split an entree or two.

Yup. If someone wants breakfast there it is not that difficult to make an ADR after park opening.WE can all agree the biggest draw is the PPO option because of the opportunity to get in the queue for Mine Train. Frankly, I think this is a missed opportunity for Disney, and have never understood why there is not character breakfast with Belle and Beast, but what do I know? The Castle setting along with an expensive character breakfast that could position families to hop into teh Mine Train queue early? SHoot, I dont even like Mine Train and I would book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter