Just out of Curiousity..........

Piglet203

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone........I just have a question and figured this board is a good place to put it. I'm not getting married anytime soon, but my dream would be to get married at WDW. The other night my boyfriend adn I were watching a WDW video that I taped last May on the Millenium Celebration (We wanted to see some WDW.....since we are going in May) Anyways...on the tape they had a part on WDW weddings.....and it literally brought tears to my eyes. I've always had the idea of that being the place I'd love to get married some day.....but that just made me realize how wonderful it would be. I'm just curious how people do it? I mean from what I have heard and read it's extremely expensive and if you can do it.....having people at your wedding isn't going to happen. How have some of you guys managed to get married in this paradise......did you just splurge.....and if so.........tell me how worth it was!!!!!!:) Thanks......from a girl just dreaming of the future......:)

Hi there,

I just want to let everyone know that while Disney weddings *can* be very expensive, I know plenty of couples who have had wonderful weddings for about $10,000 (with a guest list of about 40).

For those living in metropolitan areas such as New York City, Los Angeles, or Chicago, a Disney wedding can actually be cheaper than staying at home. That was certainly our case. We live in the NYC/NJ area and to have a comparable wedding here it would have cost anywhere from $125 to $175 per guest.

And, believe me, guests WILL come to your Disney wedding! In fact, often times friends and family have the annoying habit of trying to invite themselves! By now everyone has seen clips of Disney weddings on various TV programs and everyone wants to be part of it. A couple from New York City recently wed at Disney. They invited 150 people from this area. 145 accepted the invitation and fly to Florida for the wedding! This is quite common.

My advice is to look into all the options before making any decisions. If you book a Custom Wedding, consider doing it on a weekday when the minimum expenditure is only $7,500. Also, make sure your reception starts before 2pm and you'll only have to spend $75pp on food and beverages. The rest of the minimum can then be spent on flowers, photography, videography, etc.

And, if you won't be having many guests, consider the Intimate package. It's a great deal, especially if you don't want a full reception.

Good luck and keep dreaming about a Disney wedding! It's an awesome experience! : - )

Andrea
The Unofficial Disney Wedding Guide
http://www.yourfairytale.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter