Just Remember to Beer Me at Mile 25 When I Do the Full Marathon - Jan 16 TR UPDATE 4/24 Pg. 8

IheartDDuck

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Do you remember me?

No? It's totally OK if you don't. I've been a terrible DISer for a while now. I've left three trip reports left unfinished. But, I'm starting again from scratch!

So here I am!!!

I am going to do my utmost. My utmost to finish this trip report and update once a week. I can't promise more than once a week though.

What was this trip about?

This trip was for my second half marathon at Disney! After running the Princess Half last year, I thought that I wanted to do another one.

They are absolutely addicting and once you do one, you just want to do more and more and more and more!

This is absolutely true. Listen I'm going to tell it to you straight.

I'm a chubby runner.
I'm a slow runner.
But I do my best when I go out there. And it's all that matters I think.

Of course, once I figured out that I wanted to do another race, I had to let my Disney BFF know.

The lovely Caitlin. The artist formerly known as @PrincessCaitlin here on the DIS.

She's the super cute one on the right. I just look like a bigheaded goober here.

I asked her if she was planning on doing this half, and initially she wasn't. But she told me since I wanted to do it, she would too. Which I was eternally grateful for. It's not the running alone that's the issue, but it makes it a lot easier to stand in a corral with someone before the race begins than to stand there alone for an hour.

She said was in! And her parents, the lovely Dawn @dawnbu40 and Dale were too!

Of course, my parents had to be in as well.

This pretty much sums them up.

Popadon (or Rick, which is his real name), who thinks he's somehow a DIS celebrity. Don't tell him I've taken an enormous break from the DIS and many may not know who he is. He likely won't take that too well.

And my Momma. Who is a DIS celebrity simply for putting up with my Pop.

We were in the world from January 7th to the 15th. We arrived late on the 7th. I had learned many lessons from my previous half marathon.

Don't arrive too many days before the race. You want to save your feet. And for goodness sake, don't do too much before the race either!

Again. Feet saving and all.

So without further ado, I welcome you to my TR! Hopefully some of my old readers will hop on board, and I'm always wanting to make new friends as well. :)

I promise you'll have fun.

Come along for the ride!!!

Also, it's important to note that I've officially lost my mind and am running the Dark Side half in April and the Avengers half in November. So there's more running stories to tell. :)

Chapter 1: I Guess Only Fancy People Use Bidets!

Chapter 2: It's the Expo....It's Like Guerrilla Warfare In There!!

Chapter 3: I Won!!!! Against My Fitbit Friends At Least

Last edited:
Im in!!! Glad we're all making comebacks to the dis now!!!
I cant wait to read all about your adventures & shenanigans! And your pictures look GREAT! (Although i can safely guarantee dolly would hate that picture )

What? Beer instead of tequila shots at the 25 mile mark??? :eek: :drinking1 :confused3

Wait...........FULL marathon? Are you SURE??? :faint: Wouldn't it be better to split that into two parts? Oh wait a minute...............:-)

Here for all the school bread wearing, funny face making, scooter tutoring fun! :rolleyes1

Last edited:

I'm here! Welcome back and can't wait to read all about it - love all the pictures in your first post

And how you got into running and now having done multiple long distance races is truly an inspiration

And doesn't matter how fast or slow - it's infinitely faster than everyone who doesn't take that first step

I'm here! Welcome back and can't wait to read all about it - love all the pictures in your first post

And how you got into running and now having done multiple long distance races is truly an inspiration

And doesn't matter how fast or slow - it's infinitely faster than everyone who doesn't take that first step

Hi, Danielle! I believe I've dabbled in your reports in the past and not sure if not ever finishing one has more to do with me or you (not you in a bad way but in a way that you didn't finish it) but no matter....you had me at Run Disney! I too have been drawn into this sickness after my first weekend at marathon weekend (ran 5k and half) and I am also in for the Dark side challenge! Looking forward to hearing more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!