• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just rented points! VWL

traceycc

Earning My Ears
Yeah,, we are going in November and staying at VWL..I heard it is very nice, does anyone else have experience with it??

Now going this route renting the points we would never have been able to stay there in a 1br villa but now we can.. Of course my husband figured out what we are paying daily using the points and it is only about $90 cheaper than the actual price...We have not purchased our airline tix or hopper passes yet but we are trying to keep the cost down. We have always stayed in the park and I really did not want to stay outside but I am a bit tense because staying at the WL villas vs a moderate resort with hopper passes is a considerable difference..

Just needed to post..I am excited we wanted BC but it wasn/t available for the dates we needed. we are doing 6 nights at VWL and the last night at the airport because I know our flight will be some ridiculous hour in the early am:mad: So I just hope I am not making a mistake after I add in flights and hopper passes etc..

You have clearly booked the best DVC Resort, no matter what anyone else here may say. ;)

The Lodge is truly an incredible site... A vacation in itself.

Have fun! :smokin:

MG

You'll love it:banana: did DH factor in tax when he did his caluculations; whatever it is now 11.5%?

If you're on a budget; since you're staying 6 nights why not eliminate the ph option - would save some bucks.

enjoy your vacation, you'll feel absolutely spoiled.

If you have never seen the lodge and villas yet you are in for quite a surprise. When you come around the corner and get your first look at this amazing place you will be swept away. It will seem as though you have been transported away from the busyness of Disney to the tranquility of a National Park. The greatest thing is that just a short boat ride across the lake is the Magic Kingdom. To me it is as if I have two vacations in one!

You are definetly in for quite a treat. The moderates can't hold a candle to the Wilderness Lodge.

We have always stayed in the park and have spent quite a bit, but we figure it is worth it..I do have to say the points price was $14 vs $10 for most on here..that is a considerable difference but still we are getting a beautiful room and we always do the Park hopper options..I have AAA so I am going thru them...Thank you all for the tips!we are excited! My kids and I were looking forward to beach club but it is so booked for Nov..The person I am renting from said Wilderness is so great he bought into that one also!

I think you will be happy with your choice, but then I may be considered a little biased by some.........

Have fun!:thumbsup2

We have always stayed in the park and have spent quite a bit, but we figure it is worth it..I do have to say the points price was $14 vs $10 for most on here..that is a considerable difference but still we are getting a beautiful room and we always do the Park hopper options..I have AAA so I am going thru them...Thank you all for the tips!we are excited! My kids and I were looking forward to beach club but it is so booked for Nov..The person I am renting from said Wilderness is so great he bought into that one also!

I own at both and for me VWL is phenominal! I bought there only because my husband forced me to and now it and SSR are my favorites. Here are some positives for VWL.

Wonderful access to MK and Epcot (my son loved taking a quick boat to Contemporary then monorail to Epcot).

Beautiful theming (and I hate the woods!)

Every level of restaurants (Signature, TS, CS and QS)

Sitting on the dock watching the Electric Light parade

The Lake and water sports

A wonderful place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter