• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just returned--trip with an 8 month old

madge

... is soaking in it
Hi!

we returned Friday night from our youngest daughter's first trip :)

2 nights at the contemporary and 4 nights at the dolphin

she did beautifully--from the flight, the crowds, the heat, the characters--much better than we planned for. we didn't take her on too many rides, but the ones we did, she adored! I would say that pooh was her favorite-she couldn't look at everything fast enough!

we made sure to take breaks during the afternoon so her older brothers (7 and 12) could swim and she could have a cool place to nap and eat, but I don't think it would have been a problem if we hadn't. she adapted fine.

as a side note--our crib at the contemporary was not a pack & play, it was almost the exact same kind as the dolphin-a very safe, well made tubular steel crib, it was good-sized. anna had plenty of room to sleep.

Glad you had a great trip. :D

What rides did you take your daughter on?
I'll be going with a 10-month-old this fall.

We are going in July with 7 1/2 month old - how did you deal with the heat? Did she just adapt or did you bring special fans, stroller shades, etc.?

We have traveled with our baby several times, but the heat of Florida in July is the only thing worrying me.

Thanks!

anna rode--buzz lightyear (she fell asleep :) ) pooh, IASM, peter pan, and the TTA. she also rode the main st. railroad as well. we were prepared to take her on others, but it just didn't work out where we could.

as far as keeping cool, we have a stroller fan (which we didn't need but were glad we had) and her stroler has a large canapy. we stayed in the shade and air conditioning as much as we could. we have another (short) trip planned for july and I will take the same precautions then.

I used a lot of sunscreen....more than I thought I would. I would take extra, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter