just returned

Bill007

Mouseketeer
I just got back from a solo trip to WDW and had a great time. The weather was picture perfect the entire time. I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside which was a very nice resort although I only spent minimal time there. I got to the parks each day just as they opened and was pretty much able to get on any attraction I wanted. By late morning crowds were really starting to pick up. But that didn't deter much from the enjoyment. The only rides I thought were sort of a waste were Peter Pan's Flight (sorry fans, but I think should undergo a lot of refurbishment or be replaced) and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Now I'm a fan of both characters but thought the attractions were weak and did not do the characters justice. I'm curious as to what others think. And the Pooh line moved at a snail's pace. The rest were fine. I even went on my favorites rides multiple times (Haunted Mansion. Pirates, Jungle Cruise, etc).
I was there for the Halloween Party one evening and that was fun, but the Hocus Pocus show was canceled for the first 2 performances due to a very slight amount of rain (just a few drops!! Hardly inclement weather.) Does anyone know why they would do that? There was hardly rain at all. Does the stage get slick? But I was glad they were able to perform the last 2 performances. Good show!
I don't want to go on and on since I'm sure most people bypass long posts. I just wanted to share a few thoughts. I look forward to my next visit!

Glad you had a great trip!!:thumbsup2 Bonus for perfect weather! How were the crowds at MNSSHP? I've read the parties have been super crowded this year.

Glad you had a great trip!!:thumbsup2 Bonus for perfect weather! How were the crowds at MNSSHP? I've read the parties have been super crowded this year.
Pretty heavy but not terrible. The candy lines got long but since I wasn't there to get candy it didn't bother me. Lines for the rides weren't too bad.

I’ll give you that Peter Pan could be refurbished. I know the one in Disneyland particularly is looking very worn, but I’d hate it if they removed it all together. I know all the newer rides are thrilling and new innovations, but I really enjoy the slower, relaxing pace of the old dark ride through rides. They’ve already taken out a lot compared to Disneyland.

They have to cancel Hocus Pocus because of ANY amount of rain. The castle forestage is INCREDIBLY slippery and it makes it dangerous for the dancers. They will try their best to dry the stage, but if the sprinkle of rain happens too close to the show, they must cancel for safety.

That's what I thought. Luckily I was still able to catch the 3rd running of the show that night. Worth the wait!

Just made reservations to go back next year, same dates, same resort. I had such a great time with the Halloween festivities and all. Can't believe I have to wait an entire year!

Just made reservations to go back next year, same dates, same resort. I had such a great time with the Halloween festivities and all. Can't believe I have to wait an entire year!

:cool1: Congrats on planning a new trip!! Time will go by fast!:)

And I just made reservations to go to the west coast to visit Disneyland in March. Now I'll be able to compare the two!

That's great!! I love Disneyland!! I think it's more relaxing than WDW! The Space Mountain in Disneyland is amazing! I could ride it all day!!

can't wait to hear all about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!