Just saw Signs

Aprille

DIS Veteran
I know there have already been a couple of threads on the movie Signs but I just saw it and had to comment.

Awesome movie!! It made me laugh (a lot!), cry and jump out of my seat (several times!). It had much more humor than I expected but it didn't detract at all from the suspense. I thought it was the perfect mix.

M Night Shyamalan is a genius! Mel Gibson was incredible as was Joaquin Phoenix. The kids were great too. Abigail Breslin (the little girl) is adorable and I think Rory Culkin can act circles around his big brother.

Loved, loved, loved it! I'm even considering going to see it again and I have never gone to a movie theater to see a movie a second time.

As the credits were rolling I overheard the woman of the couple sitting next to me say to her husband, "Well, I'm glad I didn't pay $7.50 to see this!" I thought - wow, did we just see the same movie?! So I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

Signs gets a BIG thumbs up from me! :)

I saw it Friday night, and completely agree with everything you said! It was very funny!!!!!!!! Especially Phoenix, he was hilarious! And I jumped out of my seat several times, and teared up as well. Great movie! I totally got my money's worth!

Erika

I did too, but the response to MY thread, you wouldn't think many people liked it!:rolleyes: I only paid 4.00 to see it.:o

Oh, I missed your thread on it, Poohbear. I'd go hunt it up if the search function wasn't disabled again. :p

I only paid $3.75 - first show of the day during the week at my local Cinemark theater. :)

Originally posted by elgerber
It was very funny!!!!!!!! Especially Phoenix, he was hilarious!
Phoenix was hilarious, wasn't he?! This movie was laugh-out-loud funny. I totally didn't expect that from the previews.

I saw it Friday and Saturday. :) And I could see it again!

<font color=navy>We saw it at matinee prices of $7.00.

The kids & I all liked it very much.

Dh and I were the same, I loved it and he yelled "That's it?" when the credits were rolling. Just want to mention that Bucks County is not that small town and back woodsy as it is portrayed. We all got a laugh out of that one.

Great Movie!! I loved Mel in this movie!;) DH and I both liked it so much we want to see it again.

I wouldn't say I LOVED the movie, but it was good. I was just waiting and anticipating for that twist ending... that really never came... I was scared several times and I'm glad I wasn't alone in that. LOL....

I am Happy with the ending, but I did expect a different one, as in "I see Dead People" (sorry, can't think of the real title!).:rolleyes:

Sixth Sense.

I too was waiting for the twist ending. While it didn't twist I did get the feeling of being left hanging (i.e. what happened to other people in the world?)

I LOVED it though. I was doing that whole "I can't watch but I can't not watch" thing.

I also loved the throw-up miricle story :)

I am Happy with the ending...
Me too. I guess I was too engrossed in the movie to think about twist endings.
what happened to other people in the world?
There was an explanation given of what had happened. It was rather vague but I bought it.
I also loved the throw-up miricle story :)
Me too!
icon10.gif

Oh, and another thing about the movie...

what religion (besides Catholic) refers to their clergy as "Father"? Do Episcopalians do that? It's obvious Mel's character wasn't Catholic. He was widowed with 2 kids! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter