• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just signed up for the 5K Dark side 2017!! tell me all about it

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So I am a novice runner and had contemplated signing up for the 10K, but when i went back for the early DVC registration later yesterday it was filled up -- probably a good thing. I did sign up for the 5K which i know i can do no problem. I was just wonder what the event is like, what is the route that you run - is there anything online that tells you. Any tips on the event day would be helpful.

I am very excited as this is my first runDisney event.

Yeah what Ariel said, visit the site and those threads for information. The 5k this year was at EPCOT and sounds like it will be for 2017. You start in the parking lot then enter, loop around world showcase, head past Spaceship Earth, leave back to the parking lot to finish. Just enjoy ever bit of it and soak it all in!

I did the 5k this year as my very first race ever and really enjoyed it. I live in a rural area and run by myself, so seeing some many runners was great. I stayed on property and had no issues with the buses before or after the race or going to the expo for bib pickup. I would also say take it all in and enjoy yourself. I also did the 10k this year and next year I will be doing the dark side challenge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter