Just some tips

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
For those of you who may be driving and finding that the entertainment systems are to expensive, then try using a laptop for the dvds! It worked great for our family this past roadtrip. I also found that the screen for the gamecube is compatible for all gameing systems (xbox and sony) and the price is cheap. Try buying gameboys for each of the kids. Then you don't have to worry about each kid arguing over what game to play. Just thought I'd share these with you. They helped me. Also Walmart has coolers on sale (the portable plug-up ones).

We loved using our laptop on our family vacation this past summer. If all of the kids wanted to be able to see the screen for a DVD movie, we used bungee (sp?) cords to secure the laptop onto a board propped on the armrests of the front 2 seats in our van. It was very easy to put up and also to take down when not in use. At first I giggled at DH's "creativity" and how he had our laptop rigged, but hey, it ended up working great for us. :D

We're flying and bringing a laptop for DVDs. Also bought a gameboyadvanced for DS(13) but we are alittle surprised at how dark the screen is. I bought the clip on light but even with that the screen is dark and it seems hard to keep the light bulb reflection off the screen. Anyone else think this?

DS(2) will have all his favorite DVDs along (Bob the Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Winne the Pooh). Plus I just bought "Snowed in at the House of Mouse" That one is MY favorite :D

plutosmyfav, you're right. The Gameboy Advance screen is dark. DH says that they make them that way because lit screens will quickly use up your battery power. DS (12) has GA, and we also got the clip-on light. DH finally decided to install an internal lighting system on his own, but he "wouldn't recommend doing it to anyone he doesn't know." It was a major operation involving cracking open the case, etc. etc. DS claims that as long as you have good lighting in the room you're in, your eyes will eventually adjust to the dark screen.

BTW, "Snowed in" is one of our family faves, too! :D

This may be a stupid question-but I've never played a DVD on my laptop before. Is there anything special you have to do? Also do they make cigarette lighter chargers for the laptop?

crusin'minnie, No, there is nothing special that you have to do. Your laptop must be dvd compatible in it's cd holder. It will tell you if your laptop is able to play dvd. If it does, there is a special software already on your computer that will play the movie. Then you just insert the DVD, access the program and then your off! I you may want to buy headphones for the little ones so that they can hear the movie better and you won't have to hear extra noise! As for the lighter chargers, yes they make them per laptop. Find out the maker of your computer and check a website, store (CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy) or call. They make them, but might be expensive. My laptops was $99, but it was worth it. This way the kids can watch their movies, and if I need to use it while on vacation to load pictures from my digital camera, I can.

S.M.

Thank you so much for the information. I can't wait to find out if the DVD will work on the laptop. I would really prefer to bring it rather that the big bulky TV/VCR combo unit.

Cin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter