Just the two of us...no dining plan, no discounts, no allergies...lots of pics! COMPLETE

Yikes, what a mess at the airport! Sounds like you guys rolled with it very well. Glad you made it home the next day without any further issues. Sounds like it was overall a fantastic birthday celebration! :)

Yikes, what a mess at the airport! Sounds like you guys rolled with it very well. Glad you made it home the next day without any further issues. Sounds like it was overall a fantastic birthday celebration! :)

Thank you! And yes, we had no choice but to roll with it. We were as stuck as stuck can be. It was a indeed a birthday celebration that I'll always remember!

I rarely post but love to read all of the reviews. I really enjoyed yours! You have inspired me to plan a trip with my husband for our 25th! It will be hard to leave the kiddos at home (we still have 12 year old twins) but i think I’d get over it real quick!

Great report! I enjoyed your descriptions and the final ratings.

It seems like there was an incident at security—did you ever find out what the jam up was?

I rarely post but love to read all of the reviews. I really enjoyed yours! You have inspired me to plan a trip with my husband for our 25th! It will be hard to leave the kiddos at home (we still have 12 year old twins) but i think I’d get over it real quick!

Thank you, and GO for it! The 25th is very special...you should really do something special for it!

Great report! I enjoyed your descriptions and the final ratings.

It seems like there was an incident at security—did you ever find out what the jam up was?

Thank you, and no, I don't know that there was a particular incident. Just an unusual situation where everyone arrived at one time. We must have all read that Saturdays are lighter days to fly. :)

Yikes. My husband laughs at me, but i have to go through security almost as soon as we get to the airport. I can't relax till I get to our gate.

I'm with you! I'm that way also, and really thought we had tons of time. Definitely learned a good lesson. You can use us as an example for your Husband if need be!

Yikes. My husband laughs at me, but i have to go through security almost as soon as we get to the airport. I can't relax till I get to our gate.
We do the same thing. Get through security then secure food/drinks. You just never know!

Thanks for the great reviews OP! Glad it all worked out :)

I'm so sorry I never commented but I enjoyed your report! We love our adults only trips :) I believe your MCO security story because we saw the same line when we were there a few days earlier on January 22nd! Our flight was crazy delayed though so we didn't have to go through the line and we also have TSA pre-check but as we ate at the Italian restaurant there we watched as the line did NOT move. It was so long, people near the end couldn't even see the start of TSA. And then all of a sudden after like 2 hours - no line! So weird. Glad you rolled with it because I almost had a hemorrhage when our flight kept getting delayed. It was supposed to leave 5:30pm, got to 11:30pm and we were about to get a hotel for the night when they bumped it back up to 9. I rather be delayed going home than coming but so stressful! Thank you for your report!

I'm so sorry I never commented but I enjoyed your report! We love our adults only trips :) I believe your MCO security story because we saw the same line when we were there a few days earlier on January 22nd! Our flight was crazy delayed though so we didn't have to go through the line and we also have TSA pre-check but as we ate at the Italian restaurant there we watched as the line did NOT move. It was so long, people near the end couldn't even see the start of TSA. And then all of a sudden after like 2 hours - no line! So weird. Glad you rolled with it because I almost had a hemorrhage when our flight kept getting delayed. It was supposed to leave 5:30pm, got to 11:30pm and we were about to get a hotel for the night when they bumped it back up to 9. I rather be delayed going home than coming but so stressful! Thank you for your report!

Wow, January 22 was a Wednesday. Again, usually a not-too-busy-day to fly, but if everyone has gotten the advice, then I guess that's what happens. Kinda like how we all thought by the third week of January crowds would be less at Disney as well. Glad to hear you made it home, although delayed, without having to pay for a hotel! Really appreciate your comments, especially for letting me know we weren't the only ones with the strange security line problems!

That is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard! I fly quite a bit and I've never heard of the security line just grinding to a halt. I wonder if their scanners went down??

You're right in that keeping your cool at the airport is the only thing that helps you to get through. So many people yell and cry and throw fits and it's very unhelpful for everyone.

When we were traveling through all the airports looking for places to eat I was like "Man...I wish someone would create a list of decent restaurants in the airports" and am SO happy to have your reviews for the next time we're in MCO!

That is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard! I fly quite a bit and I've never heard of the security line just grinding to a halt. I wonder if their scanners went down??

You're right in that keeping your cool at the airport is the only thing that helps you to get through. So many people yell and cry and throw fits and it's very unhelpful for everyone.

When we were traveling through all the airports looking for places to eat I was like "Man...I wish someone would create a list of decent restaurants in the airports" and am SO happy to have your reviews for the next time we're in MCO!

People were remarkably calm, I thought. But a lot of us in line were talking about and looking up what our flight options would be be if we didn't catch our flights.

It didn't look like the scanners were down. We could see that people were slowwwwllllllyyyyyyyyyy going through them. I was wondering if they were being extra careful for some reason, but when we finally got to that point, it was the same old same old. I just think it was like everyone trying to get on the same ride at Disney at the same time. We certainly had just seen a lot of that happening all week!

Thank you for your comments. Hope you get to try McCoy's, but allow lots of extra time!

Oh boy!! That security line was INTENSE! I am well aware Orlando always takes forever so we are typically prepared for a 40-60 min line. Yours sounded horrific though.

Something must be up - for my Feb 9th flight even Frontier"s CHECK IN LINE took an hour. Add another 40-60 min security line and it was chaos. I said never again. Then I booked a March Break trip and again, we fly out at 5pm :( I much prefer late night flights but DH detests traveling home after midnight.

I told Husband that Todd English had a restaurant at either the Dolphin or the Swan that looked expensive restaurant-wise, but I thought the lounge might have some not-too-crazy options. So we walked on in search of Bluezoo. And by golly it didn't take much walking before we spotted it at the nearby Dolphin. We could see it, but it looked like we were coming in the back of the place, so we went up first and figured it out. We were greeted and said we would like to go to the bar and were told we could sit anywhere we liked in the bar area. We found a couple comfy-looking stools and were given these menus with the good news that it was HAPPY HOUR!

View attachment 473208

THANK YOU for the Happy Hour menu! I love Happy Hours in fancy restaurants and this will get added to my bucket list :) Food looks great and so do the prices! And DH and I adore calamari.

Oh boy!! That security line was INTENSE! I am well aware Orlando always takes forever so we are typically prepared for a 40-60 min line. Yours sounded horrific though.

Something must be up - for my Feb 9th flight even Frontier"s CHECK IN LINE took an hour. Add another 40-60 min security line and it was chaos. I said never again. Then I booked a March Break trip and again, we fly out at 5pm :( I much prefer late night flights but DH detests traveling home after midnight.

Maybe they have less staff on duty? Cut-backs perhaps? I would allow extra extra time...especially during spring break time.

THANK YOU for the Happy Hour menu! I love Happy Hours in fancy restaurants and this will get added to my bucket list :) Food looks great and so do the prices! And DH and I adore calamari.

You are most welcome, but keep in mind it apparently changes. I saw another review where they had crab beignets! We didn't have that option. Not that I'm complaining about our crab nachos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!