Just thought I would share where we ate, what we loved and what we hate!

Melanie230

DIS Veteran
So we have been back almost 2 weeks. I would have posted this earlier...but with Hurricane Michael and my son is stationed at Tynall AFB...I have been crazy busy.

Day 1...Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at The Grand Floridian.

This is normally one of our FAVORITE places. This year...not so much. The buffet was average at best, service was VERY good, but I will say we did decide to try an alcoholic beverage. My husband ordered some whiskey drink in a copper cup, and I ordered my favorite Mojito. He hated his drink. I tasted it...I didn't care for it...but I thought it was just not something I would like. My Mojito tasted like Sprite, with a dash of sugar and mint leaves inside. It was horrible. Characters were AMAZING!!! So funny, and we just loved them! Probably won't go back.

Day 2 Lunch at the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

Food was good. Not as good as it has been in the past but I enjoyed our lunch. Service was very slow but our waitress was so sweet. Characters were amazing. I had on a Goofy shirt, and when Goofy came to the table he saw I wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I don't wear jewelry at Disney) and looked at my husband and then looked at me and got down on one knee. We all laughed so hard! Again wonderful characters...good food. We will be back!

Day 3 Dinner at The Garden Grill

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! The food was AMAZING!! Service was AMAZING. Characters were so great! Loved this place. Will definately be back!!!

Day 4 Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In

Lunch was delicious! I had a burger and my DH had a steak. Our teenage daughter also had a burger. Service was GREAT! My chocolate milkshake was DELICIOUS!!! We were very happy with everything here and will definitely return!

Day 5 Dinner at Crystal Palace before MNSSHP

Sad to say...YUCK. Food was NOT good at all. Didn't like anything I put on my plate. None of us at much. They did have a couple of tasty desserts but the buffet was NOT good at all. The characters were SUPER sweet and just wonderful. Our server was very nice and attentive. We won't be back to eat here. We have always enjoyed the food here. Not sure what has changed but it was bad.

Day 6 Breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!! Loved the food...the breakfast was AMAZING! I highly recommend breakfast here. We did get in on a late reservation at 10:45. So we didnt' get all of the characters but that was ok. We were still tired from the night before at MNSSHP and we had to get up early to get our luggage to the airline check in location. Everything on the buffet was so good! We were very pleased.

I have no complaints at any of the counter service meals we had. All good food. I will say...it was so hot this year, I don't think we will do the Disney Dining Plan anymore. It was honestly more food than we could eat.

I hope this was helpful for those of you booking. WE LOVED our trip. Weather was GREAT...MNSSHP was a super low crowd and the magic was wonderful. Can't wait to go again!

So we have been back almost 2 weeks. I would have posted this earlier...but with Hurricane Michael and my son is stationed at Tynall AFB...I have been crazy busy.

This is normally one of our FAVORITE places. This year...not so much. The buffet was average at best, service was VERY good, but I will say we did decide to try an alcoholic beverage. My husband ordered some whiskey drink in a copper cup, and I ordered my favorite Mojito. He hated his drink. I tasted it...I didn't care for it...but I thought it was just not something I would like. My Mojito tasted like Sprite, with a dash of sugar and mint leaves inside. It was horrible. Characters were AMAZING!!! So funny, and we just loved them! Probably won't go back.

Food was good. Not as good as it has been in the past but I enjoyed our lunch. Service was very slow but our waitress was so sweet. Characters were amazing. I had on a Goofy shirt, and when Goofy came to the table he saw I wasn't wearing a wedding ring (I don't wear jewelry at Disney) and looked at my husband and then looked at me and got down on one knee. We all laughed so hard! Again wonderful characters...good food. We will be back!

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! The food was AMAZING!! Service was AMAZING. Characters were so great! Loved this place. Will definately be back!!!

Lunch was delicious! I had a burger and my DH had a steak. Our teenage daughter also had a burger. Service was GREAT! My chocolate milkshake was DELICIOUS!!! We were very happy with everything here and will definitely return!

Sad to say...YUCK. Food was NOT good at all. Didn't like anything I put on my plate. None of us at much. They did have a couple of tasty desserts but the buffet was NOT good at all. The characters were SUPER sweet and just wonderful. Our server was very nice and attentive. We won't be back to eat here. We have always enjoyed the food here. Not sure what has changed but it was bad.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!! Loved the food...the breakfast was AMAZING! I highly recommend breakfast here. We did get in on a late reservation at 10:45. So we didnt' get all of the characters but that was ok. We were still tired from the night before at MNSSHP and we had to get up early to get our luggage to the airline check in location. Everything on the buffet was so good! We were very pleased.

I have no complaints at any of the counter service meals we had. All good food. I will say...it was so hot this year, I don't think we will do the Disney Dining Plan anymore. It was honestly more food than we could eat.

I hope this was helpful for those of you booking. WE LOVED our trip. Weather was GREAT...MNSSHP was a super low crowd and the magic was wonderful. Can't wait to go again!
Is your son okay?

Thanks for the report. I dined at the Garden Grill this past Spring, and the food was excellent, as was the service and characters. I will be back to that one too.
However, I don't know what has happened to the Crystal Palace, but we had the same experience last fall with subpar food. Non of it was good. It all seemed like warmed over McDonalds (love McDonalds, but not at CP). We were very disappointed in the food. All of the characters did not visit our table, which I found odd. But it was okay, as we are not little kids who would be disappointed. We went for lunch buffet and the bill came to over $80.00 for the 2 of us, and it wasn't worth half that! So, we won't be back there.
I hope Disney fixes this issue and makes CP what it used to be with fine food and experience.

These would be best posted on the Dining REVIEW sub forum here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter