Just totalled our trip...

Just about 2 months a year on average. Just got back from 13 days at OKW and headed back down March, June, July and Oct

Wow !!!

Do you write trip reports? I'd be interested to hear what someone like you does on disney trips.

We have gone often enough (on avg twice a AP every 18 months) to say when we are almost out of the MK ," we forgot to use the buzz FP, oh forget about it". We won't go back. If we were sitting there, we'd wait, but not put in extra steps.

Wow !!!

Do you write trip reports? I'd be interested to hear what someone like you does on disney trips.

We have gone often enough (on avg twice a AP every 18 months) to say when we are almost out of the MK ," we forgot to use the buzz FP, oh forget about it". We won't go back. If we were sitting there, we'd wait, but not put in extra steps.
Not really. I would start one and more likely never getting around to finishing. We take it as it goes. Depends on the trip. Sometimes I like to go just to sit and relax and unwind other trips I like to go from sun up to sun down. Really depends but having the AP is great because we know that we will always be back. Right now Im booking a quick 4 day getaway for myself only end of april just to go and relax at the spa. My husband goes to upstate PA every year golfing around that time so I figure why not fly to Disney and relax :)

Last month we went for 5 nights.
3 of us 2 adults and a 12 yr old
Packed our own breakfast/snack foods along with french coffee press.
We usually only go if we can get free dining but for us it worked out better with room discount since none of us are big eaters. Previous trips we usually come home with bags and bags of candy to use up dining credits.

airfare 750.00
All star sports 473.00 (discounted)
food/souvenirs 325.00 My mom and I usually shared a meal and I often ordered a kids meal for the kid who pretty much only eats mac n cheese. Could have been cheaper but we NEEDED a Chip nutcracker to add to the collection. They CM asked if we were getting Dale too...um nope not unless you are having a 2 for 1 deal:)
tickets with park hopper 1500 (3 adults)

Total for 5 nights 3,048

Before you know it your kids are gone. I'm so glad you shared this. We are on a budget this year after the 10k we spent last year.
This year two days seaworld/bush with food passes 150/110 person. Mostly beach time 10$ parking.

December we went skiing made disney look cheap...lol 180 lift passes plus rental of equp.
40$ 2hour snow tubing. Gas 315 gallon. Everything was 50 or 100. Seem to be there fave numbe.
200. Snowmobile per person 3 hours

Last edited:
4 People (49,47,21,20) at CBR 7 nights. 2 days at USO. Did 6 day hoppers as well(we never went back to Universal for second day). Flew SWA from DFW and Rented a car.

Park Tickets $2262.80
Universal Tickets $1171.48
Rental Car $350.83
Parking at Airport $95.83
Airfare - $995.88
Resort $1670.89
Food, Souv., Misc. $2404.89
Total $8952.60

Not Sure how many can afford this, but they charge what the market allows them to. TBH we did play it loose with the magic bands, we ate and drank (adult beverages) as we desired. Nominal souvenirs.

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm always shocked at how high Universal ticket prices are. The one time we went, we used AmEx points to get them for free so that made it better. Disney vacations always seem worth the cost to me :lovestruc

Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm always shocked at how high Universal ticket prices are. The one time we went, we used AmEx points to get them for free so that made it better. Disney vacations always seem worth the cost to me :lovestruc
Universal pricing is not all the different from WDW. I think people tend to compare 4 parks with 2 parks and automatically view WDW as better value for their money that way.

For reference point if you went today 2/18/19 to Universal and did a 1-day park-to-park ticket it would cost the exact same as WDW 1-day park hopper ticket which is $188.51 (adult price given).

In your mind you might see the ability to go to 3 other parks at WDW vs 1 other park at Universal (I'm excluding water parks) and say there is better value but financially they cost the same if you went today and only did 1-day's worth. Also I'd hazard a guess that generally speaking most guests who park hop at WDW only do 2 parks typically speaking per day though the option is obviously there to park hop to more at WDW.

Because both companies have gone to dynamic pricing variant on day you go sometimes the difference in pricing could be quite different along with how each company prices out multiple days vs 1 day. Also hard to compare when you've only been to Universal once (though if it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!