Just Used the Dining Plan and DVC

Can you use them at a later trip? or is there some expiration date on them?

Goldi

We are here right now using the DDP for the first time. So far it looks like a reasonable deal, but we also have not used many of the snack credits because we are full. We have really enjoyed the sit down dinners (13yr old and 16yrold daughters).

One big piece of advice, reserve your restaurant times ! This is a very busy time and some people can not get reservations. We booked in advance. I will update at the end but so far we have only gained 4 pounds each (kidding).

Is there a set number of days you have to be staying in order to purchase the plan? We're going for a girls' only trip in Dec for 4 days. Would this be good for us?

patsal said:
Well, for us it was the snack credits that kept piling up in December (I did a discounted package with extended family--not enough points and I didn't want to borrow). It wasn't that hot so it didn't work out to use for water as I had hoped it would. Many of the snacks we liked were not included--dole whips, pastries in France, etc.

We are not doing the dining plan for that reason. We would end up spending more money on those snacks like the pastries which aren't covered or the dole whips. We enjoy those too much. We'll stick with the DDE discounts and not change our regular dining habits to make the plan work.

I agree with the above posters who said that the Dining Plan gave you way too much food. Most of the time that I was there I felt like I was going to pop! I'm still going to get it every time I return, though, since I really enjoy eating a nice meal in a Disney restaurant. I think it's so nice to relax in a restaurant after a long hot day in the parks. If you were to pay OOP for each TS meal that you ate the price would be outrageous, or you'd have to eat at mostly CS restaurants. I just went without an appetizer or a dessert if I was too full. I know that if you do that you feel as though you're not getting your full money's worth, but even without the appetizer and dessert, it's still a savings to use the dp for the entree alone. I'm absolutely thrilled that Disney allows DVC guests to add the Dining Plan to their reservation. I'm renting this time around, but it's just one more factor making me want to buy in.

MommaluvsDIS, my DM and I are going for 3 nights following the DVC cruise in October. We have just added the dining plan, so I guess there is no minimum number of nights. Question for those that have used it, DM and I are planning on dinner at Le Cellier. I know that with an appetizer, entree and dessert that we would be able to share one meal and be comfortably full. Is there a problem with 2 people sharing a meal? I know that at buffets you would have to use 2 credits, but I would think that at a regular TS restaurant, 2 people should be able to share a meal. Does anyone know?

We've used the Dining Plan twice. Once with a regular MYW package at Christmas and just recently with a DVC stay.

I don't think you'll have any problems sharing meals as long as you are sharing between two adults or two children at a non-buffet restaurant (in other words, not trying to swap out a child's meal for an adult meal). Just tell your server that's what you'd like to do. The plan seems to be pretty flexible.

What does a Quick Service Meal include? Can you eat at the burger places like Pecos Bills? Or get salads?

fkj2 said:
What does a Quick Service Meal include? Can you eat at the burger places like Pecos Bills? Or get salads?

I don't think I know what a Quick Service Meal is. Could it be a Counter Service (CS) meal? If so, the CS credit allows you to choose an entree, dessert and drink per person per day. It is available at most of the counter service resorts and restaurants and does include things like burgers, salads, hot dogs, and even breakfast platters.

We found the absolute best CS deal, hands down, to be at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort. You can actually order things like steaks and baked potatos, rotisserie chicken, Pizza, Chinese food, Mexican food etc, and the portions are absolutely HUGE. Still, it only costs 1 CS credit!

Enjoy!

How does the dining plan work with DVC? I know with a "regular" room you have to do a package. Can you just do dining plan with DVC and not tickets? Do I have to pay for it before I get there?

Madi100 said:
How does the dining plan work with DVC? I know with a "regular" room you have to do a package. Can you just do dining plan with DVC and not tickets? Do I have to pay for it before I get there?

When you're staying at a DVC resort on points you can add the dining plan via Member Services. You must add it before you arrive, but you do not have to pay for it until you check in. You do not have to purchase tickets to get the dining plan when you stay on points.

Good Ol Gal said:
When you're staying at a DVC resort on points you can add the dining plan via Member Services. You must add it before you arrive, but you do not have to pay for it until you check in. You do not have to purchase tickets to get the dining plan when you stay on points.

Thanks! We are definitely doing the dining plan this December with DH and myself. Looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter