Just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian!

I like how the show is the opposite of the new trilogy. It's not trying to be more than it is capable of being. There is no significant weight put on character development so we get to just enjoy an action packed western held within the Star Wars universe. The various easter eggs are fun, too.
The more I watched this show over the weekend, it made me rerealize how disappointed in the two new movies I am.

The more I watched this show over the weekend, it made me realize how disappointed in the two new movies I am.

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the show and have already watched them both multiple times. I don't want to turn this into a rant against the new trilogy but there really aren't any characters in the movies that I find interesting, much less care about. But give me a feature length picture with Mando and IG-88 and I am in!

And I think the character development will come. They're still setting the stage, but I like where they are going with this.

We watched episode 2 last night. Love the Yodalike baby. I don;t even know what to call him. The episode may have been a little slow at times, but they're also not trying to squeeze an entire film into 2 hours either.

I agree 100%. I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of the show and have already watched them both multiple times. I don't want to turn this into a rant against the new trilogy but there really aren't any characters in the movies that I find interesting, much less care about. But give me a feature length picture with Mando and IG-88 and I am in!

And I think the character development will come. They're still setting the stage, but I like where they are going with this.

I didn't want to turn the tide of this either. I was just really relieved that there is still great Star Wars stuff out there to be made.
I like how one reviewer called this show a Star Wars sandbox. Who cares if he ends up riding the giant space slug from Empire like a big bucking bronco next week? It would be both ridiculous and ridiculously fun at the same time, and I feel like that's all this show is meant to be.

Merch starting to appear - got shirt at Kohls
76765472_10215458482042105_1193613107100909568_o.jpg

Well holy crap. Episode 4 was, well, crap. And it only took 4 episodes before Disney was able to introduce their strong female character who they will now unnecessarily write into the series. Because remember... girls count too.

But wow, this series has gone downhill fast. After Episode 1, they haven't given us any reason to keep watching. I knew we were in trouble when they spent far too much time on the families by the river at the opening of the show. Here's hoping they are able to redeem in the next 3 before season 1 closes.

Well holy crap. Episode 4 was, well, crap. And it only took 4 episodes before Disney was able to introduce their strong female character who they will now unnecessarily write into the series. Because remember... girls count too.

But wow, this series has gone downhill fast. After Episode 1, they haven't given us any reason to keep watching. I knew we were in trouble when they spent far too much time on the families by the river at the opening of the show. Here's hoping they are able to redeem in the next 3 before season 1 closes.

Sorry you feel that way. My wife and I loved it. Once again, not too serious, but still fun. Why not get an extra Endorish battle scene with no real strings attached?

The series has the potential to be a lot like the old Fox series 'Sliders', where a loose outside story helped drive them from one mini episode to another. The Star Wars universe is big and diverse enough to support something like that for 2 seasons or so before the outside characters would have to drive too much of the plot.

Last edited:
Absolutely still loving Mando, as I said in the other thread, it just keep getting better. I like how they bring in characters for meaningful interactions, and then keep moving the storyline forward. They are expanding the worlds and cultures in the SW universe in a way that feels organic.

Sorry you feel that way. My wife and I loved it. Once again, not too serious, but still fun. Why not get an extra Endorish battle scene with no real strings attached?

The series has the potential to be a lot like the old Fox series 'Sliders', where a loose outside story helped drive them from one mini episode to another. The Star Wars universe is big and diverse enough to support something like that for 2 seasons or so before the outside characters would have to drive too much of the plot.

Agree - we thought it was the best one of the four -

I thought it was the best out of the four. Gina was amazing in it. My rankings for the shows.

Episode 4 best
Episode 3 second best
Episode 1 third.
Episode 2 worst but still great.

Each their own no right or wrong answer when it’s someone’s opinion.

Apologies if this has been asked. Do I need to be caught up on all the movies to watch The Mandalorian?

I haven’t really watched Star Wars since the 70’s, except for Revenge of the Sith.

Apologies if this has been asked. Do I need to be caught up on all the movies to watch The Mandalorian?

I haven’t really watched Star Wars since the 70’s, except for Revenge of the Sith.

Nope. It's set after the original trilogy, but you don't even have to watch those to understand Mandalorian, though it does help set the scene and introduce you to the SW universe.

I though episode four was good. It was nice to see a planet that's green. What I really enjoyed was the female character, not sure if she was a bounty hunter or what? I'm hoping that she resurfaces as they could be a potential team.

Cara Dune was awesome. I hope she pops up again later. I really want to know the back story of the farmer, Omera. I kept expecting her to reveal she had a past life as a Mandalorian, but it never happened.

I’m really excited to see Ming-Na Wen’s character. She has to be popping up soon, right? She’s a straight-up Disney Legend, so it’s gotta be great.

I guess you could say I’m very pleased that women are important in this universe.

Cara Dune was awesome. I hope she pops up again later. I really want to know the back story of the farmer, Omera. I kept expecting her to reveal she had a past life as a Mandalorian, but it never happened.

Oh, there was definitely something up with her - she's seen some action somewhere to be shooting like that. I wonder if they will ever revisit it?

The first three episodes felt more cinematic whereas the fourth episode did feel like a tv show. That's not exactly a bad thing. I found it highly enjoyable.

I though episode four was good. It was nice to see a planet that's green. What I really enjoyed was the female character, not sure if she was a bounty hunter or what? I'm hoping that she resurfaces as they could be a potential team.

When you google search 'The Mandalorian", her name and face are the second to come up when you see a list of cast members, so I have a good feeling that she will be around for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!