just wondering has anyone been able to book hawaii

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I always like to keep checking on things even after a trip is booked

were already booked on the 9 night Hawaii but had to take GTY was lucky enough though to at least get a 9A which popped up while I was on the phone making the ressies (we are gold now so booked on the 2nd day)

so now that's it open to everyone booking and the 3 days holds are off

theres still nothing open--has anyone been able to book since then

also anyone have any thoughts on if actual rooms will come up I like knowing where Im going to be

thanks

It appears people with "holds" did pay the required deposits, as very few rooms popped back into inventory after the holds would have expired. I haven't seen either cruise available for booking since early morning maybe Thursday or Friday last week. I do suspect some of those rooms will eventually become available as people decide to cancel - but they have quite a while before PIF and could cancel at any point in-between. I highly doubt any rooms that pop back into inventory will be available for room-selection, though, and will remain at GTY status. You can always put in a request for a specific room.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think your best bet will be closer to the actual sail date. I think right now a lot of people booked in the hopes they can sail, but it's so far off it is really hard to know what April 2020 will be. Once it gets closer people will start to realistically know whether or not they will be able to sail and some will cancel. I'm on the 9 night and definitely want to go, but won't really know until right before the paid in full date since we'll be trying to get pregnant and that's hard to plan. We have an actual cabin not GTY so I'm not sure what would happen to our room if we do decide to cancel.

The next meaningful wave of cancellations will happen in early 2019 when the summer 2020 itineraries are released. Alaska and Europe will be back in the frame, so many families will jump ship - so to speak.

Similarly, some will re-assess when fall 2020 is released.

You will likely also have a few people cancel around November/December 2019. That's when the full payments for the Feb/Mar/Apr (school break) cruises are due - so anyone who has paid deposits for multiple cruises will re-evaluate, and many will realize they can't take time off or kids out for two weeks after all.

And then there is the final PIF date for the two cruises themselves. Circa January 2020.

I agree with above poster. I would check back when Summer 2020 is released. There maybe something more intriguing then Hawaii. Most people that booked probably haven't checked airfare yet because it's too early. Vancouver and Hawaii are expensive places to fly into especially if you live on the East coast. The fact that you're buying one-ways doesn't help. It may not be feasible for some families.

Sometimes things sound great on paper then when you get down the actual planning, budgeting, time off needed it doesn't work out. When we did this cruise in 2015 it was mostly retired folks or parents that left the kids at home. Very few families were on the ship. My kids still had a great time with only 10-15 kids in the Edge. We live on the west so it was a little easier for us, but it's still a 7 hour flight to Hawaii though.

I agree with above poster. I would check back when Summer 2020 is released. There maybe something more intriguing then Hawaii. Most people that booked probably haven't checked airfare yet because it's too early. Vancouver and Hawaii are expensive places to fly into especially if you live on the East coast. The fact that you're buying one-ways doesn't help. It may not be feasible for some families.

Sometimes things sound great on paper then when you get down the actual planning, budgeting, time off needed it doesn't work out. When we did this cruise in 2015 it was mostly retired folks or parents that left the kids at home. Very few families were on the ship. My kids still had a great time with only 10-15 kids in the Edge. We live on the west so it was a little easier for us, but it's still a 7 hour flight to Hawaii though.
I checked flights for next year same time we'd be flying in 2020 and the prices were actually super reasonable and we live in Florida. If they stay like that for next year the cost for flights won't be an issue.

I checked flights for next year same time we'd be flying in 2020 and the prices were actually super reasonable and we live in Florida. If they stay like that for next year the cost for flights won't be an issue.
That’s good. I’ve alwarys heard people on the boards complaining about the cost of flying into Vancouver. A lot of people choose to fly into Seattle. I guess it depends on where you live. I flew from Orlando to Montreal for 80.00 dollars on Air Canada. I was surprised how cheap it was.

That’s good. I’ve alwarys heard people on the boards complaining about the cost of flying into Vancouver. A lot of people choose to fly into Seattle. I guess it depends on where you live. I flew from Orlando to Montreal for 80.00 dollars on Air Canada. I was surprised how cheap it was.
I was really surprised and wished the cruise was a year sooner so I could book the flights lol. My experience is normally one ways are a lot more expensive. I've never tried flying to either location before so I'm not sure if this is the norm or not.

Booked our flights to Vancouver for next summer on the day the opened, used points. Return flights, I ended up paying for one flight because it was only $150 Vancouver to Chicago

we booked on the silver opening day... our PIF is dec 31, 2019.. so Jan 1st might show some avail..I also heard that either in 2012 or 2015.. they added a september sailing and people changed from spring to fall dates and the ship went out not full at all. My gut feeling is that this ship will have awesome *TY rates if that happens again and still might go out not full

IMO the only people that benefit from restricted, IF released, are locals (vancouver or west coast who can drive).. or people who do B2B.. I would not want to see what last minute one way to/from hawaii cost or getting to Vancouver...

This is why those restricted fares are populoar with FL or southeast folks.. it's an "easy" drive to Port Canveral.

but the other agrument is that many have been waiting for these sailings.. there is a FB group with over 600 members... and this group was created years ago in anticipation of this sailing... plus the economy is doing great.. ( not really the market is making me nervous today as I see my retirement go down and down this month).. different topic...

We were able to get a similar GTY to you for the trip from Vancouver to Hawaii. We were on the 2015 Hawaii cruise and it was well under capacity. I was quite shocked when this one was so popular. I don't remember what the timeframe from the time it was announced until we booked that cruise, however. I would guess the more experienced folks on here are correct and more will open up as other cruises are announced. I don't know of any school district that would have a long break like this so late in April, so that might cause a lot of people to change their minds. The 2015 cruise was in September, right after Labor day. One crew member told us there were only 300 kids onboard. They were offering steep discounts for anyone that booked the return trip, while onboard. Our tablemates were doing the roundtrip and they told us they were notified dining was consolidated to one seating. I think there was only one show, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter