Kayak Tour - so much fun!!

Skjhjb

DIS Veteran
We were in DL for 3 days at the end of September, did a day of Hollywood/Warner Bros as well, and then got out of the city and drove up the coast. We flew home from San Francisco.

Nothing much was open at Santa Monica Pier (early on a Sunday morning) so we continued our drive up the coast to our first stop in Pismo Beach. We chose this stop as it was kind of half way, and a good point to use as a home base for other things near the area.

The best thing we did was a kayak tour. We used Central Coast Kayaks in Shell Beach. We were the only two on the tour, and it was AMAZING. I was almost going to chicken out, but we'd pre-paid, and I'm so glad we did it. We had originally booked a cave tour, but the wind was due to kick back up so they chanaged it to the Nature tour. Two hours on the ocean, and did we WORK! I've kayaked before, and was expecting a leisurly toot around the area. But we paddled our butts off!

The guide was fantastic, and we had an amazing time. I can't recommend them enough!

That's awesome - will definitely check it out. Pismo is ALWAYS windy. My guess is if you are not on the water by 9a you are never doing the cave tour there. BTW, if you are ever in San Diego, they do kayak cave tours in La Jolla to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!