#KayandAshBirthdayBash - January 2018 Sister Trip

adossantos89

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

This is my first Pre-Trip report so please be kind! :sunny:

About us:

My name is Ashleypooh:, I'm 28, Boston-based, and I'm a huge Disney fan!

lDnIsei.jpg

My family went to Disney a lot while I was growing up and I have very nostalgic, fond memories of the parks from the perspective of a kid of the 90s. The last time we vacationed to Disney as a whole family was when I was 15. We mostly stayed off property but we spent one magical Christmas at the Grand Floridian.

As an adult, I did a really cheap trip when I was 21 (stayed at a motel, only visited the parks when my CM friend could get us in) and another trip 3 years later, the first that I mostly planned, at Pop Century with a close equally Disney-obsessed friend. Last year (November), I had my honeymoon at Disney World (at S&D) with my husband who hadn't been since he was 5 and it was truly the best trip to Disney I had ever taken!

nsTPhQp.jpg

Since then, I have convinced my twin sister, Kayla:tink:, that she needs to go with me to Disney to celebrate our 29th birthday aka our last year as 20 somethings! I'm very excited as she hasn't been since we were kids and so has never experienced Disney as an adult. She likes Disney but it isn't a place she would choose to go to if it weren't for me so I really want to make this a memorable, amazing experience for her!

nkAlgoF.jpg

Likes (these mostly apply to my sister too): Beauty and the Beast, just enjoying a park's atmosphere, eating lots of different foods, sharing meals, drinking at cool places, the monorail hotels, spreading out our plans so they're not overwhelming, mornings, walking, reading.

Dislikes: Crowds, public transportation, the heat, extreme rides (at Disney that really only includes Rock n Roller Coaster), too much down time, Lactose (I can't do Cow milk), buffets, face character interactions.

Our 180 ADR day just passed so I want to share with you our plans. I'd love any feedback that you have!

Here are the deets:

When: Sunday January 21st - Tuesday January 30th.
Where: Beach Club
What: Two Twin Sister's celebrating our 29th birthday! A girls only trip! 6-day Magic Your Way Tickets, so two rest days and two travel days that we won't be in the parks. We don't have the Disney dining plan.

Check out my Google Spreadsheet which has our plans for each day and our ADRs. You'll see from my ADRs that I'm not entirely sure what we're doing on our rest days. My sister doesn't want to look into the trip this early (haha which I totally understand from a non-Disney planning perspective...) so hasn't given me her opinion yet so I guestimated what I think she'd like to do.

EDIT: Now with pictures!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter