Keep Calm and Post on Disboards

jamescanuck2001

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm a little nervous.

I booked at Coronado Springs through hotwire, called Disney to get a Disney reservation #, got everyone assigned on My Disney Experience, and bought park tickets (hoppers + waterparks).

60 day window opens tomorrow at 7 am. Right now if I attempt to make a fastpass reservation, the available window is 30 days out. I'm nervous of a problem. Can someone who is experienced with this clarify that as of tomorrow at 7 am the window will be 60 days and I will be able to make fastpass reservations for the duration of the stay (check in August 22).

I really don't want to be on the phone with Disney while prime fastpass times are being scooped...

If you log into MDE, does it say "My Plans -- 61 days to go" and do you see your hotel reservation check-in date slightly below that? If so, then you're good to make FastPass+ selections for everyone with tickets on your reservation tomorrow at 7 a.m. ET.

Thanks Minnie! Sure hope so, my 7 yr old is very gung ho about Flight of Passage this time around after I got up early and got early in the line last year, only for her to pull me out as she got scared lol

I really don't want to wait 3 hrs with a 7 yr old!

If you log into MDE, does it say "My Plans -- 61 days to go" and do you see your hotel reservation check-in date slightly below that? If so, then you're good to make FastPass+ selections for everyone with tickets on your reservation tomorrow at 7 a.m. ET.

Nope it does not say that. I'm wondering if the issue is the room reservation is through hotwire. The room reservation is shown as NDL Room Only.

The tickets are shown, but perhaps not linked to the room reservation? I can't figure out how to do that.

Nope it does not say that. I'm wondering if the issue is the room reservation is through hotwire. The room reservation is shown as NDL Room Only.

The tickets are shown, but perhaps not linked to the room reservation? I can't figure out how to do that.
You don't need to link the tickets to the room reservation, but you do need to link the room reservation to My Disney Experience. There should be a link near the top of the page that says "connect additional reservations, tickets or friends?" Click on that, then it'll take you to a page where you can connect the Disney reservation number you got from Hotwire.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend calling. I had a resort reservation once that for whatever reason would not connect to my account, and they were able to clear it up in about five minutes on the phone.

Yes the Coronado Springs reservations show on MDE, as well as the tickets. Anyway.... hopefully no plm in the morning!

Just curious, how many days into your trip are you aiming to get FOP?

Good question. We have just two nights at Coronado Springs, rest of stay is off site (free), AK is the last day. Booked Coronado specifically for FOP. But this morning, no luck for FOP on August 24 :(

Did get a solid slate of other FP though, including 7DMT

Thanks everyone for the comments, I did sleep well!

I’m sorry no FOP but am glad you were able to book everything else you wanted. Maybe you will luck into one while you are there or closer to trip. I would just randomly keep looking for it. You never know.

Good question. We have just two nights at Coronado Springs, rest of stay is off site (free), AK is the last day. Booked Coronado specifically for FOP. But this morning, no luck for FOP on August 24 :(

Yeah, FOP is tough to get if your AK day is early in your trip.

My tip, watch for park hours to change. Current AK hours for your dates are 9-8:30pm. I think there is a reasonable chance they’ll extend closing to 9:30 or maybe later. Unfortunately, Disney doesn’t really update hours until a month out (they just updated most of July last Friday, for example). When they extend hours, a few days later they’ll add FPs for the new times - that’s a good time to change/modify plans if needed.

Have a great trip!

I would plan on getting to AK an hour before park opening and make a bee line to FOP. Without a FP that’s your only chance of seeing it without a 2 hr wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter