Keep Moving Forward: A Training Log (Comments Welcome)

Tomorrow is "race day." I plan on starting at 8 a.m. CST. I was going to pick up some shot bottles, but it's just not the same without some runDisney all-stars, so I'm skipping. The plan is still to celebrate with a "parking lot" (driveway) beer when I'm done.

Race weather looks ideal - mid-40s and overcast at the start, 55 and overcast at the finish. Heat shouldn't be a factor. A nice departure from The Happiest Hottest Race on Earth this January. I've left water and a powerade with one friend who is going to put it out on his porch for me in the morning. I also froze another water and powerade and stashed them at another spot along the route. Finally, I'll have a few bucks in my running belt in case I have to go into a gas station and grab a bottle of water. I'll also be carrying two sleeves of Clif Bloks.

So, nothing left to do but run this damn thing. I'll report back in a few days.

Stay safe and healthy, friends.

Tomorrow is "race day." I plan on starting at 8 a.m. CST. I was going to pick up some shot bottles, but it's just not the same without some runDisney all-stars, so I'm skipping. The plan is still to celebrate with a "parking lot" (driveway) beer when I'm done.

Race weather looks ideal - mid-40s and overcast at the start, 55 and overcast at the finish. Heat shouldn't be a factor. A nice departure from The Happiest Hottest Race on Earth this January. I've left water and a powerade with one friend who is going to put it out on his porch for me in the morning. I also froze another water and powerade and stashed them at another spot along the route. Finally, I'll have a few bucks in my running belt in case I have to go into a gas station and grab a bottle of water. I'll also be carrying two sleeves of Clif Bloks.

So, nothing left to do but run this damn thing. I'll report back in a few days.

Stay safe and healthy, friends.
Just remember, busses stop running around 3:30 AM! Corral A, I assume? Have a great run! I'll be seeding and fertilizing [no mask].

Man, anyone remember this training journal?

So ... it's been a heckuva year, huh?

When I left of, I was getting ready to run a virtual marathon. That went pretty well. The weather was good, I had some friends come out to support me, I chugged a beer on the "course," so I can't really complain. I'm still struggling with how much validity I give to virtual races, but the experience was not bad.

In May or so, I went for a run and rolled my ankle really badly. I ran on it for a few more miles, but the effects lingered for months. My foot and knee really struggled for a while. On a few occasions, I went for a run, made it about 50 feet and had to quit because my foot couldn't handle it. It was disconcerting, but I thankfully seem to be past it.

My little brother died unexpectedly in August and that has been a struggle, as well. And then there's my divorce, which continues to be chaotic, despite my best efforts.

The result? My running has been really inconsistent, either due to injury or life throwing curve ball after curve ball at me. I realized today that I ran nearly 50 miles over three days for Marathon Weekend and my total mileage for the month of August was about 50 miles.

But, I've gotten settled into my new apartment this month. It's right on my old running routes. I'm feeling reinvigorated about running again.

So, I don't know how much I'll be updating this going forward, but I ran eight miles after work today and it felt darn good. I have 12 miles planned for Saturday. It feels so good to get back into the swing of things, even without a race to look forward to.

Hopefully, I have more good things to report to you in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks for reading.

My little brother died unexpectedly in August and that has been a struggle, as well. And then there's my divorce, which continues to be chaotic, despite my best efforts.

So sorry to hear about your brother and your other struggles. All the best to you!

Man, anyone remember this training journal?

So ... it's been a heckuva year, huh?

When I left of, I was getting ready to run a virtual marathon. That went pretty well. The weather was good, I had some friends come out to support me, I chugged a beer on the "course," so I can't really complain. I'm still struggling with how much validity I give to virtual races, but the experience was not bad.

In May or so, I went for a run and rolled my ankle really badly. I ran on it for a few more miles, but the effects lingered for months. My foot and knee really struggled for a while. On a few occasions, I went for a run, made it about 50 feet and had to quit because my foot couldn't handle it. It was disconcerting, but I thankfully seem to be past it.

The result? My running has been really inconsistent, either due to injury or life throwing curve ball after curve ball at me. I realized today that I ran nearly 50 miles over three days for Marathon Weekend and my total mileage for the month of August was about 50 miles.

But, I've gotten settled into my new apartment this month. It's right on my old running routes. I'm feeling reinvigorated about running again.

So, I don't know how much I'll be updating this going forward, but I ran eight miles after work today and it felt darn good. I have 12 miles planned for Saturday. It feels so good to get back into the swing of things, even without a race to look forward to.

Hopefully, I have more good things to report to you in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks for reading.
Sorry for your loss. Best of luck on the injury recovery/running and your life rebound! Only 106 days left in 2020, but who's counting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!