Keeping ADRs if adding DDP

Max_L

Earning My Ears
I have recently scheduled a trip for September and decided to not include dining with the original reservation. While planning our meals and getting our ADRs, we were able to get some dream signature meals and I have come to realize that we should have added dining in the beginning. My question is, if adding a dining plan to our room and ticket package, will the ADRs remain and not be effected? Thanks.

Thank you. That is what I was figuring, but didn't want to guess wrong. Also, having pre-paid for CRT, I'm assuming that would get refunded once my credits are available on the package?

Besides the advantage of 180+10 ADR's are not linked to a vacation package.
Adding or taking away something is not going to effect them.

Thank you. That is what I was figuring, but didn't want to guess wrong. Also, having pre-paid for CRT, I'm assuming that would get refunded once my credits are available on the package?
You'll definitely get refunded but I'm not sure if it will happen right away or on the day of your reservation.

I believe you'll get refunded for CRT when you use your DDP credits to pay at the restaurant, not when you add the DDP.

we were able to get some dream signature meals and I have come to realize that we should have added dining in the beginning.

Are you thinking of adding the regular dining plan (DDP) or the deluxe dining plan (DxDDP)? Remember, signature meals take 2 credits, so that will use up the regular DDP credits rather quickly. Also, with the DDP, you need to "spend" about $85 at a signature to make it worth the price of the plan. That's not impossible, but you still only get entree, dessert and drink even at the signatures.

Are you thinking of adding the regular dining plan (DDP) or the deluxe dining plan (DxDDP)? Remember, signature meals take 2 credits, so that will use up the regular DDP credits rather quickly. Also, with the DDP, you need to "spend" about $85 at a signature to make it worth the price of the plan. That's not impossible, but you still only get entree, dessert and drink even at the signatures.

We are looking at the DxDDP. I think my math justifies the upgrade. At travel time we will be 2 adults, 1 "adult", by Disney's definition, and 1 child, so meals got a little bit more expensive anyway. Thanks for everyone's input. I know dining plan questions can be polarizing.

We are looking at the DxDDP. I think my math justifies the upgrade. At travel time we will be 2 adults, 1 "adult", by Disney's definition, and 1 child, so meals got a little bit more expensive anyway. Thanks for everyone's input. I know dining plan questions can be polarizing.

The DxDDP is MUCH easier to see value and savings when doing signatures. Have fun!!

I have recently scheduled a trip for September and decided to not include dining with the original reservation. While planning our meals and getting our ADRs, we were able to get some dream signature meals and I have come to realize that we should have added dining in the beginning. My question is, if adding a dining plan to our room and ticket package, will the ADRs remain and not be effected? Thanks.

I really think this is actually the BEST way to add the dining plan. Making your ADRs first and then doing the math is ensuring you are actually dining where you want to eat and not just trying to make the most of the plan.

You'll definitely get refunded but I'm not sure if it will happen right away or on the day of your reservation.

I believe you'll get refunded for CRT when you use your DDP credits to pay at the restaurant, not when you add the DDP.

We did this 2 years ago on our last trip. I called the reservation line and explained that we had added the DxDDP and they refunded the money I had already paid for the reservation at that time. It may have changed in 2 years, but I would advise you to call and see what they tell you once you have the DxDDP.

We prepaid our CRT last year because free dining came out after our 180+10 date. Our travel agent called to have ours refunded and switched to use our credits after we added/upgraded our dining. My friend who was with us forgot until we ate there, and they were able to take care of the switch/refund at the restaurant with no issues.

Thanks everyone. I called Disney Dining and they were able to get it straightened out for us. Had to talk to a total of 3 people, which is frustrating at the time, but now we don't need to worry about it during our travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter