keeping things cold.

We used to do the cooler with ice but finally broke down and rented the fridge. It is only $10 a day and yes that does add up when spending 10 days at a time, but to us it is worth it. I hated having to fill the cooler up in the morning before going to the parks and then having to empty it and refill it again at night before going to bed. Everything was wet and drippy. What a mess! Too big a pain for me. Now we rent the fridge and don't have to deal with it. Also the fridge has a tiny freezer section that comes in handy for thos pints of Haagen Daas they sell in the gift shops! We also have the electric cooler that we use in the van for the drive down but it is still too small for our bottles of water. If you get a fridge for 7 days or more you also get it guarranteed as ooposed to a request.

Ratpack and I think alike!

You didn't say if you were driving or flying. If flying, it's great advice to buy a disposable cooler.

We drove and bought a cooler on wheels (a big Igloo one). We used while driving, staying in hotels, at WDW in our room, at Daytona and on the drive home. And then we used it at home all summer and now we're using it again going back to Disney.

It was a great investment. Be sure to get one with the petcock on the bottom to drain melted ice. Then just wheel it over to the always fast and loaded ice machines at your resort and top it off each morning.

Just an FYI. I was in jc pennys yesterday and saw a mini fridge that's twice the size of the desktop electrical ones. It holds 24 cans, is tall enough to store those tall items like milk and water bottles, and even has storage on the inside of the door. The price was 99.00. That's the price of renting from Disney for 10 days, plus you can use it over and over again so it's a better bargain. It would pay for itself in 1 0r 2 Disney Trips.

This one can heat as well as keep food cold, but does not have freezer section. It came with plugs for home and car.

Hope this helps someone.

Steph

Initially, we planned to rent a fridge for 8 nights, then decided on purchasing an electric cooler so we could re-use it. The cooler actually costs less than the 8 night rental. We bought a Coleman RoadTrip 40 Qt Powerchill electric cooler at Super Wal-Mart on sale for $67 + tax. It has an adapter to plug into the car on road trips. It can either sit upright like a fridge or be turned so the lid opens from the top like a traditional cooler. It is quite spacious and even has a removable shelf.

We are flying so I checked with the airlines and it can be checked as one of our pieces of luggage as its within the size limitation. I'll keep it in its original box and pack it full of beach towels or snacks. We might even bring along a collapsible cooler for drinks only.

If you don't have a Super Wal-Martwas in your area, I also saw it advertised on-line at Walmart at the sale price (last time I checked). I saved shipping costs by purchasing mine locally.

Just another option to consider.

We have a thermo electric cooler, made by coleman.

When we drive we plug it in the car lighter and then plug it in the room.

When we fly we pack it with non perishable items put it in it's box and check it as luggage. Then coming home we fill it with all that we have collected on vacation.

We have paid for the cooler several times over by using it even around home to keep water cold in the car. If you watch Walmart has them for $70 and it includes the converter to run it on household electric.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter