Keeping track of Royal GTY assignments and Royal Up cabins?

Magical2017

DIS Veteran
Hi All! Since we decided to book with Royal I have not spent much time on the DCL thread. I did notice that they have a thread to keep track of GTY assignments, though, and was wondering if we should do one on this board?

We are not picky but did want a guaranteed ocean view room. Our cruise is not until Jan. 2020 so I will post our room assignment closer to our travel date, even if it is the day before or day of. Did anyone else book GTY, and if so, would you mind sharing your final cabin assignment? If you got an e-mail about bidding for Royal Up, did RCCL contact you, and did you get your bid?

We booked a Guaranty twice on Mariner. First time, we went for an inside (cruise was about 7 months away). It didn't take long for our assignment. We didn't love the location as it was very forward so we called and had the location switched (you can move the room to any other available room in the same category/price.) Then a few months later, on that same cruise a Balcony guarantee opened up for not much more than our price so we tried again. It was right after final payment when we got assigned a Spacious Balcony room. This one was far aft so I again called in and switched the location. Great room. We were very happy.

Btw...for room assignment, they don't contact you. You just need to sign in to cruise planner and check if it still has the Guarantee code or if you have a specific room assigned.

As for Royal Up, we got an email for our Independence room. We did bid for the fun of it, but it was one of the rooms where there were very few (a panoramic room) and we bid low. Got an email the day before the cruise saying 'sorry, your bid was not accepted'.

We booked GTY for outside cabin on Mariner about 5 months before sailing and about two weeks before sailing, we got 1828.

We decided not to bid on anything else.

So I am booked for a Balcony guarantee for the Radiance of the Seas sailing from Singapore to Australia on November 4, 2020. A full 525 days in advance! Lets see how long it takes!! 🕐🕓🕘🕜🕧
:crazy2:

I got 8548. So not bad! I will post back how it goes next week. I think I got the assignment one day last week. So that let’s y’all know on a last minute booking. I booked June 14th for the July 5th sailing and got my assignment within 2 weeks. So about 1 week before.

I booked a GTY oceanview balcony for Harmony of the Seas on 11/24/19. We haven't gotten our room assignment yet, but will post again once we find out

We tried Royal Up.

We have just received an email with the subject saying: "Your stateroom has been upgraded".

We're going from the cheapest inside cabin to a "Spacious Panoramic View" (1818 - Deck 12)

We are ecstatic. :jumping1:

Last edited:
We just signed up for the nov 18 sailing in the Navigator. Does anyone know if we will be offered a royal up option or is that not allowed for GTY people?

We are booked GTY on the Adventure 11/23
I received a Royal Up email a few weeks ago and placed a bid. It’s October 15 and we do not have a room assignment yet...

We just signed up for the nov 18 sailing in the Navigator. Does anyone know if we will be offered a royal up option or is that not allowed for GTY people?

We are trying our first-ever Royal Caribbean Cruise later this month and have placed three bids into the RoyalUp system. We'll see how this goes ... :)

Prior cruising history, ~20+: DCL, NCL, HAL, Celebrity, Renaissance, Marine Expeditions and ...?

I just put a bid on a ultra spacious balcony room. We are currently in a gty oceanview so this would be quite an upgrade. Fingers crossed. Funny thing is we could have bid on a jr suite and that added cost would still be less than booking an oceanview room now. We got a great deal. If our balcony bid goes through we are going to be so excited.

We were in a spacious 1 bedroom did the Royal upgrade for a star class room about a month ago. Our bid was accepted! Star Class here we come!
When were you notified, relative to sailing date, of the bid acceptance? Thx!

We have GTY OV but we bid on cabins with balcony. Made the minimum bid so our expectations are low but... the last time, we got upgraded with a low bid so... Who knows? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!