KeKe's Breakfast Cafe

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Was thinking of eating at KeKe's Breakfast Cafe on our trip home next month. Never done it but have seen You Tube videos and it looks great. So here are my questions.

1. If you arrive right at opening is there generally a long wait? (weekday)
2. Will they let adults or teens order from the kid's menu? The portions look huge and there is no reason to order way more than we will eat.
3. Do they offer any coupons or discounts?

I don't know the answers to your questions (although I've never seen coupons or discounts), but I ate there once and haven't been back. The food was overcooked, and it wasn't cheap. (I am a local, so I could go back easily if I wanted to.)

Be aware this is a chain with locations all over Central Florida, so experiences may differ. I have not tried it yet, nor have I heard a lot of buzz about the place, either. Hopefully, others will be able to weigh in.

We enjoy Keke’s and frequent the location on 535 just behind Magic Kingdom. Go for the Florida Waffle! We have only been twice since the pandemic started but waits were minimal.

Our other favorite breakfast place is a little more unique and just up the road in Windermere, Dixie Cream Cafe.

Was thinking of eating at KeKe's Breakfast Cafe on our trip home next month. Never done it but have seen You Tube videos and it looks great. So here are my questions.

1. If you arrive right at opening is there generally a long wait? (weekday)
2. Will they let adults or teens order from the kid's menu? The portions look huge and there is no reason to order way more than we will eat.
3. Do they offer any coupons or discounts?

For #2 - as a non-Disney site, it's highly unlikely they would let adults/teens order off a kid's menu, unless it was a to go order (where ages aren't verified). Better to just share a few dishes, especially since the kid's menu isn't that much cheaper...

We enjoy Keke’s and frequent the location on 535 just behind Magic Kingdom. Go for the Florida Waffle! We have only been twice since the pandemic started but waits were minimal.

Our other favorite breakfast place is a little more unique and just up the road in Windermere, Dixie Cream Cafe.
I will look them up.

We've been to them a few times (there are several local to us + have occasionally eaten at ones in the Orlando area, too) and don't remember ever having much of a wait. I also don't remember the servings being huge so my memory may be completely off ;) The portions seemed to be regular breakfast servings, at least for what we have ordered. Now Hash Hash A Go Go is a whole other story!

I doubt most chain restaurants let adults order off kid's menus but I've never tried. Doesn't hurt to ask, esp if you've been able to do it at other restaurants at home. You could always split something?

We've been to them a few times (there are several local to us + have occasionally eaten at ones in the Orlando area, too) and don't remember ever having much of a wait. I also don't remember the servings being huge so my memory may be completely off ;) The portions seemed to be regular breakfast servings, at least for what we have ordered. Now Hash Hash A Go Go is a whole other story!

I doubt most chain restaurants let adults order off kid's menus but I've never tried. Doesn't hurt to ask, esp if you've been able to do it at other restaurants at home. You could always split something?
That place is right up my husband's alley. I think we have the same tractor they have out front. I might look more into it even though the other two have caught my eye more so. Any other really good "themed" dining in Orlando that is outside Disney?

I have heard good reviews about KeKe's too. It is a restaurant that is on our bucket list. I also have seen videos on YouTube. One video I saw, the pancakes were as huge as the plate. So I am thinking an order of pancakes could be shared. But some of the other portions (meat, potatoes, toast) didn't look large. We plan to try it on our next visit. I am glad someone also mentioned Hash House a Go-Go. I have heard and seen good reviews on that one too. Maybe we will be able to try both. I hope so because I haven't been able to go to Orlando since 2018 so our next vacation we are hoping to be in Orlando for the entire month of August. So there will be no excuse for not having enough time to visit KeKe's and Hash House. Fingers crossed our long term vacation plans work out. :rolleyes:

Girlfriend and I ate there back in Aug 2019....she had the Florida Pancakes and she still talks about those as if it was the greatest breakfast ever served....I had a very good omelet BTW....but YES the wait was long....like at least 60 mins...and we went during the week....but that was pre-covid so who knows now! We ate at the Millenia Mall location....

We have eaten at Kekes, but there is one in Lake Nona out MCO and it is delicious! Very impressed with social distancing tables and all servers were wearing face masks. Service was very efficient!DHhad the belgium waffles, fresh bananas and whipped cream, I had the belgium as well but with fresh strawberries and whipped cream...SOOOOO DELIC! The fruit was very fresh, whipped cream was homemade.
Enjoy!

Local here...

Keke's is okay...food is hit or miss... I will say we have had good service...

Weekdays you should easily be able to get a table...The busy time is the weekend where you will wait up to a hour or more for a table on the weekend... not something that we would do for so so, hit and miss food...

I have heard good reviews about KeKe's too. It is a restaurant that is on our bucket list. I also have seen videos on YouTube. One video I saw, the pancakes were as huge as the plate. So I am thinking an order of pancakes could be shared. But some of the other portions (meat, potatoes, toast) didn't look large. We plan to try it on our next visit. I am glad someone also mentioned Hash House a Go-Go. I have heard and seen good reviews on that one too. Maybe we will be able to try both. I hope so because I haven't been able to go to Orlando since 2018 so our next vacation we are hoping to be in Orlando for the entire month of August. So there will be no excuse for not having enough time to visit KeKe's and Hash House. Fingers crossed our long term vacation plans work out. :rolleyes:

Local here, - I'm not sure if Hash House a Go Go has reopened yet, it's been a couple of week since I have been over that way... We are hoping that is has not closed permanently... When it is open.. the food here is absolutely worth the wait...

Local here, - I'm not sure if Hash House a Go Go has reopened yet, it's been a couple of week since I have been over that way... We are hoping that is has not closed permanently... When it is open.. the food here is absolutely worth the wait...
Geez. I hope they aren't closed. And to hear a local willing to wait, well that tells me it is definitely worth a spot on the bucket list. ::yes::

It was open early August.
Great !!!! :goodvibes

Geez. I hope they aren't closed. And to hear a local willing to wait, well that tells me it is definitely worth a spot on the bucket list. ::yes::

Great !!!! :goodvibes

Food here is really good, as well portion are huge, very shareable, just need to ask for a extra plate.. We normally have breakfast here, and a few times lunch, hearty and super filling... lots of interesting twist to comfort food for sure... A spot to try for sure...

I went to Keke’s once and haven’t been back. I agree with the other poster that Dixie Cream Cafe is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter