Kennel info?

hunnypotmama

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi all, we are going to DW in 3 weeks! Only drawback is, my stepdaughter has a new puppy and will probably be coming with us!! Does anyone know how the kennel works (it's at TTC) and how much they charge per day?

hunnypotmama

Unless you are willing to leave the parks everyday to walk the puppy, you might be better off boarding it at home. That's what we do with our dog. She's much happier.

Thanks for the quick response, but I don't think that is going to work. We live in KY, my stepkids live in GA and we were going to take them home to their mom after our DW trip, so the dog needs to be with us at that point. I wouldn't mind boarding it at home, but then we'd have to find a way to get it back to GA! This would all be solved if the mom would just feed the little doggie for a week while we're in DW, but she won't.

Thanks anyway~

Heather

There is a kennel at TTC and at several of the parks. The Disney kennels are nice but you have to come back and exercise your dog every couple of hours. My wife and DD used the kennels after an Orlando dog show a couple of years ago. They had a car at WDW and so getting to the Kennel every couple of hours was not a problem.

For a puppy, you may want to use a local kennel or dog sitter. We have a lady who walks and feeds our dogs when we are at WDW.

I boarded my dog, she was 10 at the time, at the kennel in AK. We were staying at AsMo and AKL. It was $8/day, for a guest staying on property. We had her blanket, her own food, a toy. Plus it wasn't crowded so they put her in a really large kennel. It is plastic, with a wire front. We would go over first thing in the morning, around noon, late afternoon, and then around midnight. When the park was closed - the security guards would let us in. Was nice walking around the front of AK at midnight. My dog did a lot better being with us and seeing us. When we board her at home we always get a phone call telling us she hasn't eaten in 3 days!!! She does end up eating, but she is always sick after being boarded and not seeing us. When she was at Disney - she was fine.

Where are you staying?? With a puppy, they are more flexible than an older dog. You could move the puppy around during the day, whatever park you are at, leave the puppy at that parks kennel, but at night leave the puppy near where you are staying. Just don't forget your health certificate. Oh when you leave they give you a certificate showing the dog stayed at Disney.

My wife agrees that the Kennels are very nice and the Disney people are very accomadating. She had no trouble getting to our dogs after hours.

If you board your puppy over at Epcot for a small up charge they will walk the dog for you during the day so you don't have to go back so often.

Ed

but I have heard not as positive information about the kennels at Disney and might suggest looking for a local Orlando facility.

I am planning a wedding at Disney and on the yahoo group devoted to this. One of the creators of the group is also an author and has researched the kennels for the Unofficial Guide in the past. She does not recommend kenneling dogs at the Disney locations.

I would ask some questions before you do, including if a human stays at the kennel at night or if the animals are left in their cages alone. In an emergency this could be a problem.

We board our Choc Lab at home and have been through several kennels - it's hard to find a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter