Kevin, a couple of things about your Whispering Canyon review!!!

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
THANK YOU, I AGREE TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We thought it was horrible as well. People love it so much we started believing it was just us.:confused3
Thanks for another great review!!

I agree with you again
The food stinks and the I am sorry the servers arent as good as they used to be. I went their 4 years ago and it was awesome, fun and exciting. The last 3 times blah, we now skip it.
The setting is wonderful but its not worth the cost.

Wow - you're experience at WCC is so different from what we have experienced in the past. The last time we were there was in May, and we thought the quality of food was very good. We got the canyon skillet and found it to be tasty, as we have in the past. I hope your experience is not going to become the norm there. We had a great server, Chris AKA "Right Neighborly" who was fabulous. He was in no way rude or over the top. He got in all the usual antics (straws, giant sodas when you ask for a large, tiny cups when you ask for a small soda, brought my son a giant 4 ft fork after his fell on the floor) but they were all done tastefully. He also sang (a cappella) a beautiful anniversary song to my parents who were celebrating their 35th that night.

Thanks for the honest review. I hope disney is listening and raises the bar. I would hate to return to WCC and have the experience you had.

We are going to check-out WL for a future trip. I made an ADR at Whispering Canyon for lunch. Now I wonder if I should just drop the ADR and pick up something at Roaring Forks Snacks. All my DW and DD want to do is look at a room and <activity withheld to avoid flame war>. Maybe if all the guests between now and December complained the food would be edible by the time we go. Maybe if someone sent the podcast to Disney Management something would change. Maybe <insert unlikely event here>.

[Favorite catch phrase: Go 'head ]

I've found all the restaurants at WDW (WC included) have off days and nights. The reason we get such differing opinions on certain restaurants is because of people's expectations and restaurants just have bad nights.

Sadly, food quality has gone down at most WDW restaurants. Is it a result of the DDP??? Probably. More than likely the quality of food Disney purchases from its suppliers has probably degraded as well.

We just had the skillet at WCC in June and we thought it was pretty good, nothing like you experienced. We did go for lunch and may have just lucked out though.

I've always liked Whispering Canyon. Granted, I'm a Southern girl and will eat any kind of Southern food, but it's still good. I really like the chicken, and the atmosphere is so much fun.

What is all of this hate speech about Whispering Canyon Cafe???? :goodvibes
I have ADRs for this place in September for the dining promo.... I don't know where to eat now! I need someplace that accepts the DDP but isn't in a park - this would be for our Animal Kingdom day and the park closes at 5:00. We've had WCC twice before and thought the food was just okay but the entertainment value was good so we booked. But now I'm thinking we should cancel our ADRs and try someplace else. Hmmmmmmm......

Gotta agree with Kevin about the food. More often than not, it has been dry the last couple years. We even got dry-ish baked beans. :eek: But then, sometimes it isn't. :confused3 Kind of a crap-shoot on the food, but more often than not (in my experience), it is duh-rye.

I do enjoy it when the servers goof around with people, doesn't offend me - I think it is very funny. But it only works if it keeps going on and the service is still excellent.

Something he didn't point out (or I missed) is that the experience depends a LOT on your server. Some folks are having a great time and others are ignored. I've had servers who did it up big and others that didn't. One dropped the food off and NEVER came back.

I don't know if it is the Dining Plan or what.

I'm another that feels underwhelmed with WCC. During our last visit we had a server that threw straws at us when we first sat down and that was about it. Also, she was from the Orient (Japan?) and had a very heavy accent. Looking back, I think she was trying to interact with us more, but we had such difficulty understanding her, I think we missed it. Our food was okay -- but nothing different than a Denny's or IHOP. Of course, in their defense, we were there for an early lunch and there were several empty tables. I'm sure the atmosphere would have been much different if the place was packed and more servers were getting in on the act. We'll give it another try someday...but not anytime real soon.

I'm another that feels underwhelmed with WCC. During our last visit we had a server that threw straws at us when we first sat down and that was about it. Also, she was from the Orient (Japan?) and had a very heavy accent. Looking back, I think she was trying to interact with us more, but we had such difficulty understanding her, I think we missed it. Our food was okay -- but nothing different than a Denny's or IHOP. Of course, in their defense, we were there for an early lunch and there were several empty tables. I'm sure the atmosphere would have been much different if the place was packed and more servers were getting in on the act. We'll give it another try someday...but not anytime real soon.

On our last visit there, our server also threw a big handful of straws on the table. DH picked up the straws and started blowing the wrappers off at our server. So our server, noticing that we had bags from downtown disney decided to "auction" off our newly purchased merchandise. We had a blast! But...the food was just so-so. When it came time to make ADRs this time we were remembering only the fun interaction and not the bad food. I just cancelled our ADR for WCC and booked the Concourse Steakhouse instead. PLEASE don't tell me that place is terrible!

What is all of this hate speech about Whispering Canyon Cafe???? :goodvibes
I have ADRs for this place in September for the dining promo.... I don't know where to eat now! I need someplace that accepts the DDP but isn't in a park - this would be for our Animal Kingdom day and the park closes at 5:00. We've had WCC twice before and thought the food was just okay but the entertainment value was good so we booked. But now I'm thinking we should cancel our ADRs and try someplace else. Hmmmmmmm......

Where have you been already? What does your group like and dislike to eat?
I was thinking about Boma, Spoodles or Raglan Road. Beaches and Cream is good, just not the greatest value for a table service credit.

Thanks for the review! Sorry it was so bad.
Whats next?! I can't wait!! (hoping for Prime Time Cafe)

We are going to check-out WL for a future trip. I made an ADR at Whispering Canyon for lunch. Now I wonder if I should just drop the ADR and pick up something at Roaring Forks Snacks. ...

I'd do just that. The food at Roaring Forks is really good and you can eat at tables outside by the pool if it's nice or even over by the lake.

My friends and I went to WCC for lunch in Feb as we were touring the Deluxe resorts. I didn't know they were suppose to be "rude" like at Prime Time. So that at first was fun, but it seemed to wane quicky as they did seem more "put out" than at Prime Time. Prime Time I love it, WCC not so much.

The burger was so-so. But I did enjoy the coloring page they gave us to color and relax.

But yeah, wasn't that impressed. It was ok, it isn't a MUST DO for me on the next trip.

My friends and I went to WCC for lunch in Feb as we were touring the Deluxe resorts. I didn't know they were suppose to be "rude" like at Prime Time. So that at first was fun, but it seemed to wane quicky as they did seem more "put out" than at Prime Time. Prime Time I love it, WCC not so much.

I fell the same about the antics. We enjoy the fun at 50's PT, but not WWC.

We had lunch there Dec 05 and we thought that the food was delicious. Our server was quiet and not involved in the antics which was okay with us. Some of the other servers were just plain loud! Not funny just annoying. We are staying at the WL in Sept and have an ADR for breakfast. Hopefully they can't screw up eggs or CAN THEY?

Thanks Kevin for an awesome review.

I didnt' read all these posts, but you have to realize that this is a type of restaurant where you're not paying all this money for the food.. it's for the atmosphere, fun, and entertainment. We love this place. We went here on our honeymoon and they gave us a cake (free!) a gallon of soda (that was funny) and then they re-enacted our wedding. It was so funny.. IMO, this place is great and worth every penny.

But what happens when the atmosphere, fun and entertainment arent all that great either?

Our server threw a handful of straws on the floor...said oops and walked away. It just came across as rushed...not entertaining, fun or atmospheric.....just unprofessional.

I also disagree....it's a restuarant...albeit a themed restaurant. The food should be at the very least edible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter