Kevin, a couple of things about your Whispering Canyon review!!!

But what happens when the atmosphere, fun and entertainment arent all that great either?

Our server threw a handful of straws on the floor...said oops and walked away. It just came across as rushed...not entertaining, fun or atmospheric.....just unprofessional.

I also disagree....it's a restuarant...albeit a themed restaurant. The food should be at the very least edible.

Well Said!!!:thumbsup2

I still disagree. I think that you may have had a bad experience, but every time I've gone there it's been fantastic. Also, I see it as kind of like Chef Mickey's. You're paying for the atmosphere, and it's really one of those places you go to entertain the little kids while having a decent enough meal.

Make no mistake...it was a bad experience.

The food was inedible...not just okay....inedible.

And the atmosphere was lacking as well.

Make no mistake...it was a bad experience.

The food was inedible...not just okay....inedible.

And the atmosphere was lacking as well.

I've eaten there three times.. once when WL first opened... another time in 1999 (with 17 people, our whole family went!) and last in 2005 on our honeymoon...
the first time I don't remember... the second, I remember cause they made a big stink that we were such a big party.. they made us get up and go to the non existant salad bar.. that was funny...
And like I said before,... honeymoon...
Come to think of it, I don't even remember the food all that well... I didn't have any bad experiences....
oh, staying in the honeymoon suite was kinda annyoning sometimes hearing "COME AND GET IT" every morning at the crack of dawn from our room!! ;)
I know that Disney food has been lacking in the past years.. I'm not disagreeing with that.. but the times I went to WCC it wasn't all that bad... But we are the type of people to try new places, so this year we're doing AKL restaurants :goodvibes

I went way back in 1998 and remember not liking it because it was way too over the top for me... even though I love the antics at 50's PTC. I was thinking about trying it again though, as I think DH would LOVE to have a gallon of soda set in front of him, and I'm pretty sure he'd drink the whole thing too! But I'm glad I listened to the review because it reminded me of why I didn't like the place the first time. I think I'll try Kona cafe instead like I was intending. Thanks for the great dining reviews, Kevin!

Oh, and how sad is this... I keep meaning to write an email so I can be entered in for the drawing to win.... not the stay at the swan and dolphin... NOT the 5 day park hopper pass... but a chance to review a meal with Kevin.. I think that would be so cool!!

I think you totaly hit the nail on the head Kevin. The meat at Whispering Canyon is just tough, overcooked, and downright nasty! But on the plus side:idea: , Their breakfast is pretty darn good if you ask me.

Four years ago, I paid $25+ for a smallish bowl of chili that was at best good college cafeteria food service quality, with a couple of shreds of cheddar on top of it, and a kid's chicken finger meal, and maybe a smoothie.

I thought it was just me that noticed Whispering Canyon is oooooverpriced.

And... my four year old LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT. :rotfl:

~Amanda

I have to totally agree with Kevin. We love WCC, but if the food there has become what Kevin reviewed, then they need to fix it. While I enjoy the atmosphere, nothing can kill that like a bad meal when we are all hungry from a day at the parks.

We have never had a bad meal there, but it has been awhile, and things can change.

Hope someone heard your comments Kevin!

Kevin,

I really like your restaurant reviews and I find you to be as fair as possible. You try to see the good and the bad and that makes your reviews very credible. That instills a lot of trust into what you are saying. There are some critics where you just roll your eyes because you know they are biased, or just hate everything. With you, I know I'm getting a really fair judgement of a restaurant.

I wanted to say, you should do this for a living, but...well... you do!

I think you totaly hit the nail on the head Kevin. The meat at Whispering Canyon is just tough, overcooked, and downright nasty! But on the plus side:idea: , Their breakfast is pretty darn good if you ask me.

I have to agree here. I'm not a big fan of WCC for lunch or dinner, but we love it for breakfast! Once when we were there, our server commented that our two teenage girls were "marryin' age." DH told her that they were choosy...one wanted a doctor and the other a lawyer. About 15 minutes later she showed up with two brothers. One was going to be a doctor, and the other a lawyer. She took all four of them to the center of the restaurant where the guys got down on one knee and sang "You are my Sunshine" to the girls!

I agree with Kevin. The DW and I went to WCC last year for dinner. They put us in the smaller room next to the hand car. We never saw any "show". The server was slow and inattentive. The food was not worth the money. It took about 20 min to get the food. I ordered the skillet. The serving was so small I asked the CM to please bring us more. 20 min later she brings me 2 more ribs and a piece of sausage. It was like pulling teeth to get a full meal. We finally gave up and left. :mad:

Now that I think of it, maybe that was the show. :rotfl2:

I can not disagree with Kevin more about WC. I think the experience depends a lot on who you are there with. Our family went there during the 4th of July week, and our kids said it was one of the best places we ever ate at Disney. The food was okay, but the show and all the other activities made it fun, and that is why we go on vacation at Disney, for the family fun. I'll remember the family fun for years longer than I'll remember any food I have ever eaten at Disney, except maybe that cheeseburger at Pacos Bills.

Anyway, my review would simply be that the food was okay, but the family fun with us and our children was simply awesome! If I went to Disney for great food and nice beds, I think I would have stopped going 10 years ago.

Randy

I have to agree here. I'm not a big fan of WCC for lunch or dinner, but we love it for breakfast! Once when we were there, our server commented that our two teenage girls were "marryin' age." DH told her that they were choosy...one wanted a doctor and the other a lawyer. About 15 minutes later she showed up with two brothers. One was going to be a doctor, and the other a lawyer. She took all four of them to the center of the restaurant where the guys got down on one knee and sang "You are my Sunshine" to the girls!
Being a teen, I'm a little scared now. I'm going on my next trip. *hides*

Maybe I can get out of it by telling them I have a boyfriend.

Being a teen, I'm a little scared now. I'm going on my next trip. *hides*

Maybe I can get out of it by telling them I have a boyfriend.

Just make sure your dad doesn't say anything! That's how the whole thing started for our DD's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter