Kevin wasn't kidding about Cosmic Rays

nikjd68

Mouseketeer
I ate at Cosmic Rays that last time my family and I went to WDW. I was in line for burgers and i was talking to a mom who had to go to all three "bays" to pick up food for her family (her husband and kids were holding a table). She said it had taken her 45 minutes up to that point to get all the food.

Oh boy - I don't think I would put my enemies through standing in the 3 lines.

Sounds like its time for an executive decision: Kids lunch is Barbecue. Burgers at the next meal :)

Nothing like cold french fries after 45 minutes

I find the "bay" approach used at Cosmic Rays one of the most un-customer friendly approaches to counter service at Disney World. The food is decent and I do like their topping bar, but they only have 15 or so things on the entire menu and everything comes from a central core area so I have often wondered why they need to treat it like a food court. If you got through the line really quickly I could almost understand, but I have never seen the lines move quickly - with 3-4 things on the menu at each bay it seems it should move quickly. If one person has to get the food you end up not eating together (or some people get cold food). The last time we went there we were under a time constraint and decided what we would eat based on the shortest line forcing some family members to compromise on what they really wanted. Even if we had more time I really dislike going there - I can't take more than 30 minutes of Sunny Eclipse. Every time someone in our party suggests going to Cosmic Ray's I turn into Grumpy.

On one of my past visits to MK, the cashier CM at Cosmic Ray's told me that you could order all of your food from one cashier regardless of what food bay the food was from. It is a little difficult to do since you only have the one menu in front of you so you have to use your memory skills while on vacation. :scared1: . I haven't eaten at Cosmic Ray's in the last year so I can't say if it is still that way but thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

BTW, I love Figaro Fries - french fries with a little salad with bacon and ranch dressing - what's not to love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc

I haven't heard the entire podcast yet - so I don't know if this was said - but we LOVE Cosmic Rays - and here's why- we eat at off times- we eat either an early lunch around 11:00ish or we eat a late lunch arond 2pm. It is usually dead in there around 11 for sure. And the toppings bar is yummy!

My son loves Sunny Eclipse and we have a ball in there!

Just like anything else at WDW, it takes a little bit of planning to experience it the best way.

Angie

Tonya - what an awesome time-saving tip about Cosmic Rays - we have avoided eating there unless one person wants to eat and the rest of us just bring in snacks like popcorn, ice cream, or turkey legs. Can't wait to hear the podcast - it's queued on my pod-blaster.

From what I remember, the kids meal deal things are available at all counters. We still found it time consuming though. I wanted a vege burger and dh wanted chicken. The kids really wanted to eat there though as they were really impressed with Sunny. The older one had seen him when she did the Family Magic Tour and everytime we walked past wanted to see if he was in. And he always was.

Yikes. I've never eaten at Cosmic Rays. I don't really get why it's so popular. I guess it has a good location, but isn't every place in the MK a good location? haha. Well, I probably won't go there now. Anytime I want CS in the MK I always head to CHH cause it is just the best. Fantastic food, I just love that place. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter