Kevin's Word of the Day

Disneybridein2k3

I am and I'm not afraid to admit
I just love listening to the Dis Unplugged Podcast for so many reasons - one of my favorites is listening to Kevin talk. I've learned several words from him including (yes, I had to look them up in a dictionary to spell it right!):
homogenize and most recently extrapolate.

Thanks Kevin! And for the record, I think you are very refined!

~Stacy :goodvibes

Haha! I love Kevin's words too!

I am still laughing at him saying....

"It's like using Sleeping Beauty for Ambian!"

That's funny. I can understand Kevin perfectly. It is Bob I have to translate most of the time. Does anyone have a random R dictionary?

I think it was the episode from a couple of weeks ago where someone said something like "Santa will visit each resort.. He will not leave any one out.. He will visit each resort no matter how little you paid" :rotfl2:

I laughed so hard at the Santa one too! That was a good one. :rotfl2:

popcorn:: They are very funny!

That's funny. I can understand Kevin perfectly. It is Bob I have to translate most of the time. Does anyone have a random R dictionary?

Bob doesn't add Rs randomly... He just moves them from other places! As in, "I took Caht Cam out for a spin with Dianner".

What? He sounds perfectly normal for me. :goodvibes

:(

It's a very sad word.
I agree :sad2:

Trust me - I'm NOT making fun and I understand him just fine -- for me, listening to Kevin is like that section in the Reader's Digest that teaches you new words or the meanings to words you may have heard but didn't quite know....I just love listening to Kevin.... :thumbsup2 John - sorry but you will need to work on the word thing - postponed just doesn't work for us pod squad folks... ;)

Me three!!!!! :confused3

I imagine they have neva heard Mayor Menino talk. He makes Bob look like an English scholar.:sad2:

I think I'm actually becoming fluent in "BAWB". I actually heard myself talking to my husband about "Interventions" last week!! I said it, stopped, shook my head, and just kept going.... :lmao:

I got a phone call this morning from a new nurse at our peditrician's office. I know all the nurses there so I was very confused?? I couldn't understand her, I am from the south so I am used to the southern draw.

At first I had a very hard time understanding her then she said something that made me think she talks like Bawb. :confused:

I asked her if she was from Boston and sure enough she grew up there. Just moved to the area. :confused3

After I put my Bawb listening on I was able to understand without a problem! :thumbsup2

But I imagine she will get a lot of patients who can't understand her. :rolleyes1

I got a phone call this morning from a new nurse at our peditrician's office. I know all the nurses there so I was very confused?? I couldn't understand her, I am from the south so I am used to the southern draw.

At first I had a very hard time understanding her then she said something that made me think she talks like Bawb. :confused:

I asked her if she was from Boston and sure enough she grew up there. Just moved to the area. :confused3

After I put my Bawb listening on I was able to understand without a problem! :thumbsup2

But I imagine she will get a lot of patients who can't understand her. :rolleyes1
When I first met my wife we had a similar problem: she's from the heart of Cajun country and I'm from Plymouth, MA. There were times we needed a "Cajun to Yankee" phrase book. :rotfl:

It can get quite interesting in class sometimes with the combo of yankees and southerners. Everyone keeps moving here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!