Key Lime soft serve friars nook

happymomof1

DIS Veteran
so, I see friars nook has a new float made with key lime soft serve and a clear soda. Is this a dairy based soft serve OR is it the lime “dole whip” type of soft serve that is non dairy??? ( yes, there are actually many flavors of the dole type fruity soft serve available to food service establishments)
Please let me know if you have tried this or if you know how it’s ingredients. Thanks!
Oops—— ITS AT STORYBOOK TREATS, not friars.

I have no idea about the stuff at Disney, but wanted to say the key lime ice cream at this place here called Farmhouse Creamery is my favorite ice cream for summer

That sounds so good! Definitely plan to try it in September.

It looks great. I wonder if it will remain year-round, or if the flavor will change through the seasons.

I'm going to assume that it's not a Dole product-- many times, Dole products are clearly marked as "Dole Pineapple/Dole Orange (in this instance, it'd be Dole Lime)" in the parks. It looks like Disney's normal vanilla soft serve with some key lime flavoring, which means there's a safe chance it's made with dairy.

I'm going to assume that it's not a Dole product-- many times, Dole products are clearly marked as "Dole Pineapple/Dole Orange (in this instance, it'd be Dole Lime)" in the parks. It looks like Disney's normal vanilla soft serve with some key lime flavoring, which means there's a safe chance it's made with dairy.
Good point! —- looking forward to finding out for sure though. Where does WDW keep nutritional info? Anyone know? Most fast food restaurants have a brochure available or a website so patrons can check ingredients. Speculation never gets anyone anywhere.

All up to try something new, love lime juice and cold to boot! I’ll be there in early August as well!

Good point! —- looking forward to finding out for sure though. Where does WDW keep nutritional info? Anyone know? Most fast food restaurants have a brochure available or a website so patrons can check ingredients. Speculation never gets anyone anywhere.

Disney will give you nutritional info if you ask in the parks, but as far as I'm aware, Disney has no online database with the nutritional info of the food they serve. I trust Disney Food Blog with all of my food related queries, they do round-the-clock research in the parks. According to a comment on this post by one of their reporters, Sarah, "as far as we know, no, the vanilla soft serve is not dairy free."

I'd tweet @WDWToday, as often times, they can give you an answer to any question you have pretty quickly!

so, I see friars nook has a new float made with key lime soft serve and a clear soda. Is this a dairy based soft serve OR is it the lime “dole whip” type of soft serve that is non dairy??? ( yes, there are actually many flavors of the dole type fruity soft serve available to food service establishments)
Please let me know if you have tried this or if you know how it’s ingredients. Thanks!
Oops—— ITS AT STORYBOOK TREATS, not friars.

I'll be there for a week starting 8/24, will check it out for sure as I love Key lime Pie

Thanks for posting, now that I saw your picture, I know exactly where it is (I always need a visual when it comes to directions!) That's always where I take my kids for soft serve ice cream after riding 7DMT, the picture of the treat looks amazing

Disney will give you nutritional info if you ask in the parks, but as far as I'm aware, Disney has no online database with the nutritional info of the food they serve. I trust Disney Food Blog with all of my food related queries, they do round-the-clock research in the parks. According to a comment on this post by one of their reporters, Sarah, "as far as we know, no, the vanilla soft serve is not dairy free."

I'd tweet @WDWToday, as often times, they can give you an answer to any question you have pretty quickly!
I don’t twitter. Either way it looks delicious!

I wonder if they can serve the soft serve without the Sprite? I'm not a soda drinker but I love the idea of a Key Lime ice cream with a chocolate feather!

I wonder if they can serve the soft serve without the Sprite? I'm not a soda drinker but I love the idea of a Key Lime ice cream with a chocolate feather!
You can get just a plain soft serve there, I'm sure you can get that flavor if they have it.

OK, here's an odd question. Does anyone know how early they start serving this? I'm thinking that this would make a good breakfast (Hey-I had a Dole Whip once for breakfast-great choice).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!