• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom tour Accessible?

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
My mother is having a problem with her leg - apparently a torn something - but we won't know what untils the *#%& insurance company decides she can have an MRI (don't get me started) - anyway - she's going with us Monday - Wednesday to WDW and going on the tour with us. Sometimes it hurts her - sometimes it doesn't - but I just don't know if she'll be able to handle all the walking in the Keys to the Kingdoms tour. I'd prefer to get her a wheelchair if it's possible. Anyone here know?

Thanks!

Keys to the Kingdom tour is completely accessible. You can get her a wheelchair or rent an ECV for her. Have a great time

Thanks so much - I thought it would be but wanted to make sure so Mom won't worry about it. I'd pretty much decided we were going to cancel if she couldn't use a wheelchair. I'd hate for her to overdo it just to be a good sport! And she's the type that would!

Talking Hands, is that one of the tours that involves transportation and can only accomidate a certain number of wheelchair/ecvs per tour or is it all a walking/rolling tour?

Walking/rolling tour. No transportation involved with the tour. Just get yourself to the Magic Kingdom to meet the group.

That's the tour that goes down in the "tunnel"...at least it used to and involves lunch at some point. There's an elevator to the underground area and everything else is just in the MK. They also used to ride Haunted Mansion which would mean someone would need to be able to transfer to a ride vehicle or just skip that part of the tour. I'd definitely suggest renting a chair for the day is the tour involves alot of walking.

thanks for the clarifications.
I thought there was a tour that involved some travel on a bus or tram and just wanted clarification if this was the one i was thinking about.

Hi, Sue!

The Backstage Magic Tour is the one where you ride on a bus from park to park (and backstage at Epcot). This is the all day 7 hour tour and they can accomodate wheelchairs and ECV's, but there is a limit as to how many the bus can hold. The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is just in the Magic Kingdom and is accessible, even the lunch which is upstairs at the Columbia Harbor House, as there is an elevator in the kitchen that people in ECV's and wheelchairs can use.

Don't usually hang out on this board, must be fate today, but wanted to add my 2 cents. I did this tour a few years ago with two people in wheelchairs. Everything went perfectly, no problems at all. I don't think you will have any problems. I loved the tour, thought it was wonderful.

Have Fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter