Keys to the Kingdom tour - Funniest thing CM told us

DisneyDayTripper

DIS Veteran
So while we were standing looking at the castle the CM was telling us about the 2 years of 2 million dreams (as he called it) and he was telling us about how the prizes were given away and how if people were from countries where you would have to pay taxes on any prize won outside of the country then Disney would "magically" make their prize a dream fast pass or something instead of something to pay taxes on.....well then he went on to tell us one of the funniest things I have EVER heard about Disney or anything.

The CM was telling us about how people had turned down spending the night in the castle for various reasons....but he said the funniest was when a family's nanny had won the castle for the night. The family turned it down for the sole reason that they would have had to share a bathroom with their nanny....they trust them with their kids, but not to use the same restroom? haha.....My jaw hit the floor at how they could pass up the opportunity.:rotfl2:

Oh man, that's terrible!!! Those parents are clearly d-bags, :rotfl: God forbid you have to share a bathroom with another human being that you know!!! What nerve?

I am glad another family (hopefully) got to enjoy it instead of them.

It reminds me of the funny thing I saw at a local Disney Character Warehouse, "Unattended children will be given a latte and a free puppy"

:headache:

For a night in the Castle I woulda held it!:rolleyes1

It was SO funny though because it's not like the kids won the castle, and I'm sure the nanny was wanting to let the kids enjoy staying in the castle because really...wouldn't you rather stay in there with people you know then by yourself? lol But our tour guide was like "seriously, I would have been like watch your own kids and find yourself a new nanny I'm staying in the castle."

Did you guys know that Orbits has some sort of promotion if you book your stay through them then you're entered into a chance to stay in the castle? The CM said that after the contract with Orbits is up then WDW will most likely make it the one and only dream that they are giving away. He also told us about how the only way in and out of the suite is through the elevator...if the elevator fails (due to a fire or something) then the individuals in the castle would have to be lowered down by a basket that is outside one of the windows. He also said this was part of the reason why they couldn't give it to Make a Wish because it would be too hard to get kids with medical equipment out of the castle suite in case of an emergency.

That's really funny :rotfl:

I love the picture in your signature.. I might need to recreate that when we go in the Fall!

that poor nanny! she had to give up cinderella castle for biatches she works for??? how wicked stepmother of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter