Keys to the Kingdom tour

Looks like you have visited WDW often so you probably fit in the category of "not needing to jam everything in" while touring the parks. I recommend the tour. We had already visited WDW many times and also had a fairly long stay the time we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

In one word: YES, YES, YES!
My husband and I did this tour a few years ago and we loved it. There's lots of historical information and backstage information, including a trip to the utilidoors tunnels. We have been to WDW several times too, but the trip added something to our visits to the MK by giving back ground information. When we look at things in the parks, we remember why it is like it is. It makes the park more interesting.
Also, if you can get the earliest reservation, you can wander Main St. and get great pictures with hardly anyone in them.
Our CM guide was wonderful and made the trip extra special.
There is a lot of walking, but you do get short rest periods. We had lunch provided at Columbia Harbor HOuse, upstairs, which was delicious. I don't know where they are having lunch now?
I hope you decide to do this as it's a great deal for the price, IMO.

Keys to the Kingdom is an excellent value. I was impressed at the amount of time backstage. The lunch may not be anything special, depending on where they schedule. Our food at Pecos Bill's was cold... I would definitely recommend the tour otherwise.

After many years of going to WDW, DH and I finally got around to enjoying the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on 5/1/2019. It was an amazing tour. Our tour guide was excellent and we learned so many things about the history and development of the MK that made it worth every penny. You will also see areas of the MK that as a regular park visitor you never experience. I highly recommend it. :)

^^^^^^^ Same as everyone else said, highly recommended! We did the tour in March an AP holders get 15% off too.

Another yes to KTTK tour. We did the 8:00 tour on a Saturday on a day that was supposed to have a 9:00 park opening to get ahead of the crowd. But park time changed, opened at 8:00 and it was quite a challenge for the guide to get us down Main Street. In hindsight, I would still book 8:00 but would avoid a weekend if possible. Maybe the crazy crowds that day were due to local AP holders? Our CM was awesome and lunch was so-so but we had adjusted our expectations for that in advance.

We've been to WDW many times and finally decided that it was time to do this tour this recent February. After having been so many times and having read so much about WDW, I figured there wasn't too much more I could learn but it might be interesting. Wrong! I learned so much and we had such a great time. I don't know why we waited for so many years.

I absolutely loved this tour, it changed the way I saw the park and I appreciate it even more now! I would recommend it to anyone!

We found the tour a good value because we were able to spend quite a bit of time backstage. As one of the PP said, the lunch was underwhelming. Ours too was cold by the time we got it ( Pecos Bills as well ).

really enjoyed it...husband felt a little short changed on the backstage stuff. Brought us both to tears when discussing the pictures in the tunnels as the end and Roy's speech on opening day.

DH & I did KTTK last September for our anniversary trip. We absolutely loved it. Our guide was fabulous and was a "Disney nerd" who knew so many things about the parks, the history of the company, attractions, and more. His excitement was contagious. Learning about how Disney does stuff as well as the whys behind it was so interesting. We loved every second of it and will do it again when our son turns 16 because he wants so badly to see all of the stuff.

We had lunch at Pecos Bill's - I'd ordered a taco salad, so it was fine. Our guide ate with us and we had fun chatting with other visitors to the park.

DO IT!

We did it on our last trip in 2017 & we both really enjoyed it, our guide was fantastic, the backstage stuff & the utilidors were the highlights for us.
As other people have said, try to book the first tour of the day if you can.

My Mom really wants to do this tour but Im concerned about the "a lot of walking". How a lot is a lot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter