Keys to the kingdom - when should I go

Dyl

Earning My Ears
When would be the best time to go on a keys to the kingdom tour? Beginning or end of the trip? Also weekend or weekday? First time going on the tour. Thanks!

"Best time" in terms of what? It's a private tour with exclusive access, so I would agree that it likely doesn't matter at all.

Reactions: Dyl
I think it's preferable to go with the earliest tour of the day on a day with regular park opening hours (9:00) if at all possible. We went on the last Saturday in January on an 8:30 tour...the second one of the day. After booking it, park hours changed to 8:00. It was a complete madhouse when we arrived "early" in the park for our tour at about 7:45. The tour was fine once we got off of Main Street but at least the first hour we were dodging people and the guide was working hard to try keep everyone together. Loved the tour but that part was not so enjoyable. Also I personally wouldn't have wanted this to be our first day at MK.

If you are able to schedule your tour on a date that has EMM (not Extra Magic Hours) then that is pretty much a guarantee the park will open at 9:00. EMM lets in a smaller number of guests who paid extra to be in Fantasyland from 7:45-9:00 so you'd be fairly assured of a relatively empty Main Street as you begin your tour.

We did ours mid-trip. We wanted the 1st few days to be just walking around the parks leisurely.

Thanks so much everyone! I should clarify. I mean does it add something special to the rest of your trip if you start out with it? Or does it detract from the “magic” of the experience? Crowds too were partially my concern, but I think I’m going as early as possible.

I’m doing it on my second to last to last day of the trip at 9am. I have breakfast at BOG at 8am and I plan to cram a couple of rides at 7D before I meet everyone st the check in area, if at all possible!

it is very exhausting so maybe at the beginning of your trip? Make sure you have no crucial plans for afterwards in case you are too tired. We also did the latest tour and as a results saw a lot of characters right before the parade in the utilidors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter