Keys To The Kingdom!

villainwdw

Disney & Harleys Forever!
well comeing down in Sept, part of time I will be solo......from 22nd on to the 28th! so I decied that it was a great time to do a tour! has anyone done a solo tour?? not that it is solo......being there are others in the group!!just wanted to know any experiances!!! thanks

Janet,

I took this tour on my last trip back in Jan/Feb. It was excellent and so much fun. I really enjoy doing the tours solo. I think that if you take advantage of it, you can get a lot more info. If there are couples or families, they tend to talk alot between themselves as the tour group moves from place to place. As a solo, I get up front and walk and talk with the guide while everyone else is taking to each other. I think I've gotten a lot of info that the others never got. So as a solo on a tour, you get to focus more on the what the guide has to say and can probably get some interesting facts that the others might not hear and certainly get many more opportunities to ask questions.

Yes, I've taken the "Keys" tour and others while at WDW. The "Keys" tour was informative and you'll ace all the trivia questions the CM asks! ;) During our lunch break I sat with a couple that was from the local area.

I did one tour solo ... the Hidden Treasures Tour in Epcot. Everyone else had cancelled out and it was just me and the very handsome CM for 3 hours. :smooth: Boy, that was tough to take. ;) Honestly, that was a great tour too.

thanks!! gee that sounded rough there Margie!!! Haa haa...poor thing! what type of questions do they ask?? I want to be prepared!!

Let's see if I remember some of those questions ...

What attraction was introduced at the 1964 World's Fair, then brought to Disneyland?
What is Main Street modeled after?
How does the HM "stretching room" differ in DL VS. WDW?

Care to answer Janet? I think you'll score 100 points. :D

oh man Margie!! I saw this on the Disney channel one night, I can picture the show....but not the attraction.it wasn't the MSEP?? and for the main street, I have no clue!! I cannot remeber any of these......not to impressive !1 huh!(you got to helo me margie!!)

Oh, Janet ... here's some help.

CoP
The Main Street in WD's hometown (Kansas Ave.)

As for the "stretching room", one goes up, the other down ... which is which?

I know you can do this! :D

HM goes down.......tou the wall looks like it goes up?? oh, now I am confuesd!!

Ok, if I'm not mistaken ...

The walls of the HM in WDW go up, the room itself is stationary. In DL, the room itself goes down in an elevator shaft. Someone correct me if this is wrong.
:crazy:

Alright ... back to the original question ... anyone done a solo tour?

no that is right!! I was saying it wrong....I always watch the room on top go up!!thanks

You're right Margie - in WDW the room stretches......in Disneyland, the room is an elevator and goes down. I can't remember the exact details, but the elevator had to be done in DL because of the way the HM was constructed, it was the only way to get guests into the rest of the attraction. The room was such a hit with guests, that it was reproduced in WDW's version, though the elevator was unnecessary...so instead the room stretches in FL! Pretty cool, eh?

At any rate, the Keys to the Kingdom is a great tour - I happened to take it on a non-busy day in May and it was just me and a couple from Atlanta..so we got to ask as many questions as we liked! Be sure to inquire about Disney Club and/or AP discounts if they're available!

I will be taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour solo on August 28. Last September my mom and I took the Future World tour, which would also be a good tour to take solo...but don't take it when it's really hot! A lot of it is outside. It was great to have a PS at Mexico where it's cool for lunch afterward.

It's a Small World opened at the New York World's Fair in 1964. I was at the Fair in 1965, and it has always been my sentimental favorite ride at DL/WDW.:)

Carousel of Progress was at the Fair, too?

I'm taking the Backstage Magic Tour solo on 9/24 if you want to switch to that one.

I believe It's a Small World was part of the Pepsi Pavillion. COP was there too. Maybe sponsored by GE at the time. I also think part of the Hall of Presidents was there too. -
1964 NY World's Fair.

Nancy- Since you were at the NY World's Fair, did you happen to go to Freedomland when that was in NY? It was a theme park. It was somewhere about the same time. Perhaps a year or two earlier.

I haven't done KTTK solo, but I have done Backstage Magic (twice), UFW, and Hidden Treasures (full day) solo. I love doing tours solo, you often will be able to strike up personal conversations with the guide and get additional info. Often, particularly on the longer tours, I was able to strike up conversations with other tour participants. The only thing I was slightly nervous about during the tours was lunch but I have always found the other tour participants and the guide to be more thn welcoming and make you feel comfortable (Although my Hidden Treasures Guide did try to force me to dance with the Moroccan belly dancer, saying I was the only one who couldn't get into trouble. LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!