Kicking and Screaming...we are going back to Disney!

ammeador2

DIS Veteran
We are going back to Disney! 3 out of the 4 of us are THRILLED about this. My husband on the other hand is not! :lmao:He will live I promise and he is not mistreated like he would like for all of you to think..but I have been warned this is the LAST year that we are going to Disney. Only time will tell if this will hold true!!

Dates: Our plane lands at 9:10 am on Friday Oct 2-we are staying at Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House and our trip comes to an end on Saturday Oct 10.

The cast:
Myself (Melissa) 29 and DH (Aaron) 29

meandaaron.jpg

The little monsters:
DD (Emilie) 4 and DS (Aidan) 2

DSC01308.jpg

This is our second trip to Disney. I am super excited about it, I have all of our ressies made and I am really looking forward to spending this time with my family. THe trip last year was the best vacation that I have ever been on as a parent. My husband enjoyed watching our kids light up at the sights and sounds of Disney. I am sure that this year will be even more memorable.

I work in a busy doctor's office and the doctor that I work for will probably have a stroke once he realizes how many days I will be missing from work. No worries I have plenty of vacation, but the man cannot function properly if I am not there! Let's keep the gang I work with in our thoughts and prayers while I am on vacation!

I plan on working part of a day on Oct 1. I plan on leaving work around 1ish and then coming home throwing the rest of the things into the car, wake up my husband and then pick up the kids from daycare and THEN we get to head to Indianapolis. We are driving up the night before since our plane leaves out at 7 am. (TOO EARLY) and we are probably going to be tired and grumpy! We are going to take advantage of the Sleep and Fly the hotel will take us to the airport and then pick us up when we return home.

We are flying AirTran and have a nonstop flight from Indianapolis to Orlando! Our flight touches down at 9:00 a.m.

My kids are fighting over Epcot and Magic Kingdom. I think that we may spend some time in Epcot and hit the food and wine festival and we have a 3:00 early dinner reservation at the Rose and Crown.

Later that night we have the Pirate and Pals Cruise planned for the kids. This is a surprise so I am sure that they will love it!

What an adorable picture of your kids! I LOVE IT! :love:

Is your husband NOT a disney fan?! :confused3 I'm lucky that mine is and enjoys going to Disney just as much as I do! :thumbsup2

I look foward to reading about your upcoming plans.

Last year Aidan was a little timid around the characters. The only character that he really liked was Stitch. So I found it suiting that we start this day off right with breakfast with Lilo and Stitch!!

9:40 Breakfast at O'Hana's

image0720.jpg

Then head to Magic Kingdom

Emilie has an appointment at BBB at 1:00 she wants to be Cinderella again. She plans on dressing like a princess everyday this year. Whatever keeps her happy!!

DSC01314.jpg

image0852.jpg

For dinner we are headed to the Grand Floridian for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step sisters and her step mother.

Aidan plans on getting lots and lots kisses from the princesses again this year!

image0870.jpg

What an adorable picture of your kids! I LOVE IT! :love:

Is your husband NOT a disney fan?! :confused3 I'm lucky that mine is and enjoys going to Disney just as much as I do! :thumbsup2

I look foward to reading about your upcoming plans.

awww..thank you! Not sadly he is not. I mention Disney and he rolls his eyes..But I think that deep down inside he does like and he does enjoy it he just doesn't want me to know about it!

HI! I found you!

OMGosh we have a lot in common! My kids are 4 and 2 and I work in a doctors office who just about had a stroke when she realized how long I would be gone!

Too funny!

Your kiddos are adorable! My youngest was not crazy about the characters last year... she finally came around when they stopped "getting in her face" and just chilled back ~ then she would go to them. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

Hi! Looking forward to your TR. Your kids are so cute! DH and I will be going with DD, SIL DGS7 and DGD2. My DD and I found a really cute Cinderella dress with matching shoes ($4) at the Disney outlet down to about $20! So DGD will be dressed up for Akershus. I loved the Belle one on her but she over-rode us and chose Cinderella!:goodvibes Actually grangaughter wanted Snow White dress but it wasn't on sale.;)

Well I'll be watching you,:cool2: and waiting for more!popcorn::popcorn::
(I love popcorn)

yay...:woohoo:

I'm glad to see a fellow "October" person is doing a pre-trip report. And this is perfect, because you will be going a couple of weeks before me!! Hopefully, I will be able to steal some of your ideas.;)

I'm sorry your hubby is not as big of a fan as you are. How is that even possible?? I just don't understand how someone could go to Disney and not be totally in love with it!!! :rotfl: Hopefully, he just needs another round at Disney.....maybe after this vacation, he'll catch the DisneyBug :love:

Anyway, I just subscribed to you pre-trip report.....so keep the fun planning coming...:surfweb:

This is so not your last trip - you know it - I know it - the fact that he doesn't know it .... well really next year he'll be saying - "I thought last year was the last time we were going" and you answer "No, last year was the last time we were going in 2009 silly"

See - I've played this game. Have fun!

With kids that young, does your DH get to do the thrill rides or things like the car show?

My dad always used to say the same thing. Actually, he would say we're never going on a vacation again. :rotfl: But he secretly loves the thrill rides---and blatantly loves the car show.

He doesn't look to hip on the princess in the picture. He'll grow up and say "what the heck was I thinking" :rotfl: he's a doll!

I have a really cute one with Belle kissing him. That boy had lipstick ALL OVER him last year! This year he tells me "momma I go to Disney and I kiss Cinderella, Belle and Snow White.." too cute

This is so not your last trip - you know it - I know it - the fact that he doesn't know it .... well really next year he'll be saying - "I thought last year was the last time we were going" and you answer "No, last year was the last time we were going in 2009 silly"

See - I've played this game. Have fun!

I will have to remember that! :)

With kids that young, does your DH get to do the thrill rides or things like the car show?

My dad always used to say the same thing. Actually, he would say we're never going on a vacation again. :rotfl: But he secretly loves the thrill rides---and blatantly loves the car show.

We make it a point to get a babysitter for an evening so we can do some adult things. We did this last year and we really enjoyed our vacation since we had some alone time to ride TOT and RNRC

HI! I found you!

OMGosh we have a lot in common! My kids are 4 and 2 and I work in a doctors office who just about had a stroke when she realized how long I would be gone!

Too funny!

Your kiddos are adorable! My youngest was not crazy about the characters last year... she finally came around when they stopped "getting in her face" and just chilled back ~ then she would go to them. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

I don't think that my vacation and the fact that I will be out of the office has sunken in! :scared1: May need to spread some pixie dust back here at home!
I am hoping that my son will enjoy the characters more..

Hi! Looking forward to your TR. Your kids are so cute! DH and I will be going with DD, SIL DGS7 and DGD2. My DD and I found a really cute Cinderella dress with matching shoes ($4) at the Disney outlet down to about $20! So DGD will be dressed up for Akershus. I loved the Belle one on her but she over-rode us and chose Cinderella!:goodvibes Actually grangaughter wanted Snow White dress but it wasn't on sale.;)

Well I'll be watching you,:cool2: and waiting for more!popcorn::popcorn::
(I love popcorn)

Hopefully my planning won't disappoint anyone! I got some bargain princess dresses from the Disney store last year at Christmas!

yay...:woohoo:

I'm glad to see a fellow "October" person is doing a pre-trip report. And this is perfect, because you will be going a couple of weeks before me!! Hopefully, I will be able to steal some of your ideas.;)

I'm sorry your hubby is not as big of a fan as you are. How is that even possible?? I just don't understand how someone could go to Disney and not be totally in love with it!!! :rotfl: Hopefully, he just needs another round at Disney.....maybe after this vacation, he'll catch the DisneyBug :love:

Anyway, I just subscribed to you pre-trip report.....so keep the fun planning coming...:surfweb:

I hope that he enjoys it. I think that he will..maybe he is just playing hard to get..

I will be at AKV the same time as you but over at Kidani (the 4th to the 9th.) You will love AK! Your kids are so adorable...I love the pictures with the princesses! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about leaving the office...it is so hard when I go away because I know what is waiting for me when I get back. :sad2:

Are you going to MNSSHP? We are going on the 6th.

Tracy

I will be at AKV the same time as you but over at Kidani (the 4th to the 9th.) You will love AK! Your kids are so adorable...I love the pictures with the princesses! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about leaving the office...it is so hard when I go away because I know what is waiting for me when I get back. :sad2:

Are you going to MNSSHP? We are going on the 6th.

Tracy

Yes! We are going on the 6th as well. We have never stayed at AK before. Last year we stayed at CBR and CSR and I am very excited about staying at AKV. I am hoping we will get lucky and get a good view!

Last year the kids favourite park was Epcot. Magic Kingdom was a close senond. This totally surprised me because we did not ride one ride there last year. We did the Honey I Shrunk the Audience and the kids weren;t too happy with that one! Last year we ate at Princess Breakfast which I thought was fanstastic, Coral Reef and the Garden Grill. This year we are going to do the Princess Breakfast twice, no Coral Reef and we couldn't get into the Garden Grill!

Our plans for the 4th of October..
EPCOT!!
9:20 Princess Breakfast in Norway...
DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

Grab a counter service for lunch when we get hungry
6:40 Les Chefs de France for dinner.

I have been teaching my kids French so I am interested to see if they will try to speak French when we are at the French resturant. Should be interesting! We have never eaten here before so I am hoping that we will not be disappointed..

I am kind of sad that we could not get into Garden Grill. This was surprising because last year I changed my Garden Grill ressie a million times before we left and then this year I can't even get 1 ressie! We had a blast with Chip and Dale and Mickey and Pluto. My daughter even tried to feed Chip and Fale her cupcake. It was too cute! We got a lot of attention because the resturant wasn't very crowded and the chipmunks kept picking on poor little Aidan..

DSC01386.jpg

In this pic the character snuck up on Aidan and was rubbing his head, Aidan thought it was me!! So he was laughing and playing and then he was in for a surprise! It looks like he is being choked by Chip! My son was not harmed in this picture! :lmao:

DSC01387.jpg

On the agenda for this day...Hollywood Studios! My daughter says that she is going to ride Tower of Terror with me. We will just see what happens!

My husband is super excited about Hollywood Studios. I have been told a million and one times that we have to ride the Toy Story Mania ride more than once! At least he gets his thrills somewhere!

Today we will be doing lunch at Sci Fi. I am hoping that this will be good. We are planning on paying out of pocket for this one, so I am hoping that it will be worth it.

Later tonight we are using Kids Night Out so we can return to Hollywood Studios for extra magic hours. We used this service last year and we truly enjoyed our vacation more. My husband and I do not get a lot of alone time everything that we do is centered around our kids..so these 4 hours we look forward too. Another thing my husband is looking forward to is, I requested a young college student to play with the kids..(he;s hoping she will be a looker!! :lmao:) Last year I had no prefence and we ended up with an older lady that looked like Aunt Bea! She was super friendly and the kids enjoyed her, but the kids are older and little more rowdy and I think that they would enjoy playing with a college student...

I think Oct 5 is our HS day too :rotfl: And I also think we are eating at Sci Fi but I am not sure because all of my plans are at work :rolleyes1 I am pretty sure this was our HS day because I remember the EMH and I was thinking to get there at rope drop..ride TSM, get TSM fastpasses....TOT many times and go back to hotel later in day to rest then return for EMH....although I could be all wrong but I think that is what I had planned!!:confused:
Very cute picture of your son with Chip/Dale!! Your daughter has lots of princess dresses!! How fun to be a little girl surrounded by the princesses! princess:
Tracy

We will also be hitting HS on the 5th, or at least for the eve. EMH. We're eating at Whispering Canyon that night, then heading to HS to make the Playhouse Disney Dance party with my DGD who's almost 3, and loves music and dancing. :dance3:
I hope we can get her down for a nap that day. Or we may be sorry!
We'll be doing the Akershus breakfast on the 6th. Really looking forward to that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts