Kid Club Registration

Thanks for the responses. We have never cruised before so I've been reading all I can in preparation. I hadn't seen any posts complaining about it which I would expect (remembering the complaints about kids having to wear magic bands when they first came out).
Thankfully my kids don't usually have a problem with these types of things (beyond a whine or two).

I would cut the lock off a few times during the cruise when my girls dressed up for pictures. It was no problem getting a new lock put on at the club.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but before they began using the magic band type band, wasn't it a bulkier tag on a wristband that had to be worn all cruise? The current band is nothing compared to this
80e65f5eecf6e5850002cfc632934aac--disney-tips-disney-disney.jpg

THis is what my oldest had on our first cruise 8 years ago. Are the new bands more like magic bands? We are just starting to plan our 2nd cruise and will have two more kids with us this time.

The kids' club CMs on the Wonder in June straight-up told us they could cut the lock off and put it back on every time the kids came in, unprompted. Of course, take this with a grain of salt, b/c I suspect different CMs feel differently about it. They were pretty displeased with us at Aunty's in Aulani for taking the locks off our kids bands for family photos. I could see it varying ship to ship, or crew to crew.

THis is what my oldest had on our first cruise 8 years ago. Are the new bands more like magic bands? We are just starting to plan our 2nd cruise and will have two more kids with us this time.
The bands are exactly like magic bands in appearance, just with DCL designs on them. My understanding is their inner workings are not the same, though, not that that really matters.

DGD (4 at time of cruise) got her band in the terminal.
The lock breaks off really easily. It came off on its own once.
We took it off a couple of times....it was scratching her wrist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter