Kid Free Birthday Trip with HUGE Pixie Dust Upgrade!!! First TR!

So we arrived back at the Yacht Club.. very tired. We asked the front desk cast member to speak to the manager from the morning. We were told that manager was no longer on duty. Thankfully, another manager came out and spoke to us. Yes, we had to recount the entire ordeal, but the manager told us to have a seat and he'd be back in a few moments. At this point, we had zero expectations.

The manager came back after about 10 minutes and told us to go back to our "old" room, pack our things, and bell services would be there in 30minutes to move us to our "new" room. Still no idea where we were headed.

We went back to the "old" room and packed up. Bell services arrived about 30 minutes later and told us we were going to the top floor. I knew that the top floor was Club Level! Well once we got off the elevator on the top floor, the castmember with bell services kept passing every room and led us to the very end of a long hallway.

I was SHOCKED when he led us to a door labeled "Commodore's Suite." We had been upgraded to the 2 bedroom club level suite!! Here are pictures from the suite and the view of Storm Along Bay!! There was a second bedroom with two queen beds as well. At this point we were wishing we had the kids with us to utilize all of the space!

Suffice to say, we were totally shocked and excited! At this point, I realized I had ordered Bret a birthday cake to be delivered to the room and tried calling guest services to make sure the cake was delivered to our new room.

Up next.. a fun day at the Magic Kingdom, birthday dinner at Be Our Guest, an amazing custom cake, and a surprise delivery!!

Attachments

• 03284523-C874-454D-91ED-DBC7C56F8268.JPEG
    03284523-C874-454D-91ED-DBC7C56F8268.JPEG
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • C2E18E91-EE83-4D28-AA67-040575EB3DB1.JPEG
    C2E18E91-EE83-4D28-AA67-040575EB3DB1.JPEG
    124.1 KB · Views: 0

Ya left me hanging??! :) Can't wait to hear how everything was resolved. I might not have handled things as gracefully as you all did...I am not a happy person when I am lacking sleep.
me neither.. but felt like I had to hold it together for both of us :laughing:

Following!
What a view! Makes me want to book a Yatch Club water view for our next trip! (Although I am not sure we could afford it...)
But that sleepless night must have been terrible...

Travelling with young kids I was always afraid we would wake someone when the baby woke up in the middle of the night, we tried to usher them back to sleep quickly (and were lucky enough that it worked most of the times) but we would have NEVER let a baby cry it out in a hotel room! It is so disrespectful for other guests...
How ironic that you were kept awake by a crying kid on your kid-free trip... I feel your pain!

Thank you so much for following along!!!

I know how it is traveling with an unhappy child but yes, like you, I wouldn't do "cry it out" in a hotel!! I also have a special needs child, so wondered if that was what was going on.. but still.. it was definitely not a fun night.

Thanks for sharing.. its nice that you got a room but i cant imagine a park day with that litle sleep.
As a parent I think i would take my child for a walk ( or run) I would never let them scream all night.

Thanks for sharing.. its nice that you got a room but i cant imagine a park day with that litle sleep.
As a parent I think i would take my child for a walk ( or run) I would never let them scream all night.
I think at that point I just wanted out of the resort for a little bit.. but yes we were soo tired!! Thank you so much for reading along!

Wowser! That is a truckload of Pixie Dust! At least now you would get some rest!! I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

I love reading pixie dust stories! Its going to make it hard to ever go back lol.
Although its really hard for me to read all the stories lately of free upgrades from All Stars to nice resorts and this is the first time I chose Pop so I dont get an upgrade.
I normally choose ASM. Sorry just venting.

Oh gosh, there's nothing worse than trying to sleep and having noisy neighbors. I'm glad the manager took good care of you. With the number of times you have visited, you deserve the upgrade.

After a very quiet night (!!) we got up the next morning early, ready to hit the Magic Kingdom! On our list of to-dos was: Splash Mountain ( a must every trip given we were engaged on the ride :), Mine Train (a favorite), Peter Pan (why do we feel compelled to ride this every time, even with no kids 🤣. We then planned on taking a mid day break to swim, and go back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at Be Our Guest.

We once again took a Minnie Van! I have read that these will not be running later in July.. hopefully that rumor is untrue because we love them :love:

Since it was just us, Bret and I took the most relaxed ever stroll down Main Street. Bret was surprised when he spotted Ferb (from Phineaus and Ferb) just walking around! Our whole family loves "Phineaus and Ferb" on the Disney Channel!

After a relaxed Magic Kingdom morning, we returned back to the Yacht Club and found not only the Birthday cake I ordered for Bret, but a special birthday surprise from the resort manager!

Back at the resort, Pixie Dust #2 was waiting for us!!504099
Wine, chocolate, cheese, and adorable Mickey print wine glasses! We have rarely gotten any of the "surprise" in room welcome gifts - and never anything like this, so it was definitely a big surprise!

About an hour later, the cake arrived. "Haunted Mansion" is Bret's favorite ride. Honestly, it is one of my least favorites (who knows why) but anyways, I decided to get him a Haunted Mansion custom cake. It came out AMAZING!!

The purple and black "wallpaper" part was basically an edible wrapper. We eventually peeled part of it back to reveal chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling. With just two of us, we didn't get close to finishing it, but it was delicious!!

I have a little tradition with Bret of getting him a custom Disney birthday cake each year. The year before, in 2018, was my favorite - a Splash Mountain cake, complete with a log flume and Minnie and Mickey! That will have to be a different trip report! Unfortunately, WDW was closed for his 2020 birthday, but next year we will continue the tradition!

Up next.. back to the Magic Kingdom for Be Our Guest, and then, Animal Kingdom!

Oh gosh, there's nothing worse than trying to sleep and having noisy neighbors. I'm glad the manager took good care of you. With the number of times you have visited, you deserve the upgrade.
Thanks!! Yes normally we travel with a white noise machine, but this time of course I had forgetten to pack it! Don't think it would've helped much though. Thanks so much for reading!

I love reading pixie dust stories! Its going to make it hard to ever go back lol.
Although its really hard for me to read all the stories lately of free upgrades from All Stars to nice resorts and this is the first time I chose Pop so I dont get an upgrade.
I normally choose ASM. Sorry just venting.

Agh I totally understand. I'd probably be a little upset too. But you are on the Skyliner which is awesome. I think I prefer it to the monorail!

That is great to have even more pixie dust! (we had a trip like that in 2004)

That cake is really a great Haunted Mansion cake!

After the delicious cake, we headed to Magic Kingdom for our Be Our Guest reservation. We have always been big fans of BOG for dinner since its first opened. When they moved to the new menu, we were still on board. However, we've learned that for a seemingly "kid friendly" place, the service is often times so slow that it quickly becomes not so kid friendly. We found out on a recent VIP tour that BOG is actually designed to be a 2 hour experience. From our experience, this has been accurate. From the time you walk to your table, to the time you exit after seeing the Beast, is normally about 2 hours. The last time we went with kids, we specifically asked for a "quicker" experience, and our food came out much quicker, meaning happier kids. Just FYI! However, this time, since it was just Bret and I, we were fine with the full 2 hours.

The floral paper on the dessert tray is edible (we didn't try it)! And yes, the grey stuff is really delicious. Bret also received a Happy Birthday card signed by Belle and Beast. We did make it over to Animal Kingdom for Avatar.. a favorite. And then headed back home to the kiddos.

I have so many trips to report.. probably next up will work on a report from our annual summer big family trip! We also have a trip scheduled late July 2020.. so far we are planning on going but will see!

Thanks so much to everyone who read along for my first report!! :love:

Following along. Looking forward to reading more . What a rough start but wow what an upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!