Kid free trip Summary

smartlabelprint

DIS Veteran
I was in the parks Thursday from 4 pm through Sunday around 7. 12/6-9/18

First thing I went to Frozen. I enjoyed the production. I don’t care for the story-chose not to watch the movie. I might take my kids to it just for the dance scene in their home.

Then we got maxpass (should have gotten it as soon as we walked in there was lots of availability since it was a rainy day) because I couldn’t find the fastpass kiosk for Incredicoaster, or a person to ask. Ate pasta and marinara at boardwalk pizza and pasta. Yummy! Consistently good. The 2 of us should have shared.

I’ll continue adding as I have snippets of time and memory. :-)

I was traveling with my sister. We stayed at the Best western park place inn. Never again. I really love the short walk but I’m old and I need more ideal circumstances.

The beds were fine. Nothing good or bad about them. We each had our own though.

Every night we had one or two tiny flying black bugs in the bathroom. Very annoying.

We were on floor 1 in a hallway so it wasn’t as bad as being right where cars park. Out our window we could see the pool. The noise from the pool and guests next door was too much for me. We used white noise and still heard the other guests snooze for 2 hours from 6-8 the one morning I wanted to sleep in.

One day the room wasn’t clean by 2 when I went to grab something and rest a few minutes.

We’re Homewood suites convention all the way. I’ll endure the walk in the future. Although for the first time in my life I saw the toy story bus line very full! And we were there over spring break last March.

Black flying things... like termites ??
Cause you’d know if they were flies

Black flying things... like termites ??
Cause you’d know if they were flies
I don’t think they were termites. They weren’t flies. They were just teeny tiny flying bugs. Just 1-3 each night. They liked the bathroom lights. Just annoying.

Also, the handle to flush the toilet broke and they came and fixed it immediately. It’s a great place to stay. I just can’t handle motels anymore! I’m just a Disney princess I guess.

Food:
2x cozy cone vegetarian chili so good. I don’t like the cones so I get it in a cup.

Mushroom free portobello sandwich at award wieners. It was decent. The price keeps going up so I question whether it will be on my must have list.

Parfait at adorable snowman. Yummy. The blue raspberry is the kind of smoothie drink you get at gas stations. I could do without the parfait next time and just get lemon.

Jolly holiday grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Unplanned meal: veggie burrito with rice and beans at rancho del zocalo. Tasty but pricey.

Last day French Market had romaine lettuce so I got the chicken Caesar with egg instead of chicken.

I went to ghiradelli for dinner my last night. Forgot they don’t take Disney gift cards plus I was feeling a little Guilty with this dinner. Tried the veggie teriyaki rice bowl. Yuck! Too salty. Never again.

Things I didn’t get this trip: veggie skewer at bengal bbq (usually a must) & I’ve still never tried the dole whip with rum at Disneyland hotel.

Tried steakhouse 55 for the first time. It’s a 1 & Done for me. Mostly I wanted the 24 layer chocolate cake. I didn’t really care for it. I should have tried the peppermint seasonal cake instead. I had salmon, my sis chose scalloped potatoes (too rich for me) and I loved the green beans. Could have had a whole plate to myself. A good meal. But the food was equal to blue bayou, which is slightly cheaper and has better ambience. All CM’s were great here.

Friends of my sis (one a CM) joined us in the parks Saturday night for a few rides. I guess maybe just pirates then we went to the bar by tangaroa terrace. Didn’t like my non-alcoholic drink. Loved the ambiance. I’d try it again. I was hungry and the food options were gross. I’d have been happy with a simple Basket of chips and salsa.

Got beignets and fries at the jazz kitchen to go. Good. I’d have both again.

Walked to the Disney home store. Super disappointed. All that stuff is available in park.

Snacks: s’mores hot chocoate at one of the special seasonal food carts. Yuck! Didn’t finish it.

My other yuck was frozen lemonade in the candy place all the way to the right on Main Street before you get to jolly holiday. I also got 2 types of fudge. Ended up eating plain on the plane. Yummy! Forgot to give dh his peanut butter flavor so far.

2 cotton candies yum!

Shared Golden Horseshoe peppermint ice cream sundae dessert. Good. Would probably get again.

NEW THINGS FOR ME:
Mickey and the magical Map. It was just ok to me. But I would bring my kids to it. I love productions like this. On par with frozen except for the uncomfortable benches.

Lighting of small world. Neat! Do they do this year round? Is the little show when the clock changes year round? I feel like I’d seen that before. Not sure i’d carve out time to do this again but I liked it.

Turtle talk with crush. This was cute!

Rode the double bus up Main Street. Fun!

PRESENTS: duck tales mug for dh, rubix cube, talking slinky dog, buzz lightyear bubble blower, buzz lightyear sweatshirt (holy cow $46!), princess Minnie skirt, pens with sensory gel handles - Yoda and Minnie. I’d love more choices of characters but $12 is high. Also some Star Wars $30 toy for dh. I shopped more than usual this trip and Didn’t hate it. Got my sis a nice shirt (not a tee) and my other sib a put together droid.

Got myself a candy cane. Don’t care for the taste. I sent half home For my mom.

NOTES: Carthay circle tour doesn’t exist anymore. I was bummed. Never could do it with my kids.

Panera was not good (not terrible) and was expensive. The brownie was terrible. Instead of that meal wish I’d gone to pizza press (never been) or earl of sandwich (yum) neither of which I made it to This trip.

Visa meet n greet: you need your ID. Eyeroll. Missed Minnie cause I didn’t have it. Went back for Pluto later.

The bakery tour was lame. But thankfully took under a minute.

Last edited:
I am also disappointed with the Home Store. My mom is really into Disney baking supplies, and wanted something from there for Mother's Day. Everything was just blah. So I got her something else. It's also so small, and the merchandise doesn't change out enough.

Did you try anything at Bing Bong's at the Pier? Their slushies are yummy, but the store itself was lackluster to me. I thought it would be an entire candy store. It's like 25% candy store and 75% merchandise (all of which can be bought further up the walkway at Knick's Knacks).

I am also disappointed with the Home Store. My mom is really into Disney baking supplies, and wanted something from there for Mother's Day. Everything was just blah. So I got her something else. It's also so small, and the merchandise doesn't change out enough.

Did you try anything at Bing Bong's at the Pier? Their slushies are yummy, but the store itself was lackluster to me. I thought it would be an entire candy store. It's like 25% candy store and 75% merchandise (all of which can be bought further up the walkway at Knick's Knacks).
I saw someone mention bing bongs. Walked in there. Not much food. Sad about all those packaged foods. I kind of forgot why I went in there and didn’t look at the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter