Kidani Standard view request summary. What have I missed?

dlcoutts

Earning My Ears
It seems that most agree that for a standard view room, being close to an elevator is a priority.

Pros of Rafiki elevator: Closest to pool, tied for closest to Lobby/buses
Cons of Rafiki elevator: Long walk to Jambo house

Pros of Pumba: Chance at a Savannah view (only standard rooms with this), reasonably close to pool
Cons of Pumba: Longest walk to Jambo house, tied for longest walk to Kidani lobby and buses

Pros of Timon: Tied for closest to Lobby and buses, second closest to Jambo
Cons of Timon: Kind of in the middle of everything but not close to anything (e.g., pool, Jambo house) except Lobby

Pros of Zazu: Closest to Jambo house
Cons of Zazu: Longest walk to pool, tied for longest walk to lobby/buses

Is this about right? Our kids plan on spending a lot of time at the pool so I've definitely narrowed it down to Pumba or Timon. Although there is a regular shuttle to Jambo, we still may end up near Timon so we'd have an easier walk.

Also, with a Standard view, how much does floor matter? Should I ask for highest for low noise or will trees give me no view?

Thanks!

My vote is Timon, out of everything you will want to be closest to the lobby. You don't realize how much you will be going to the lobby area until you are there! You will constantly be going down there for buses or food.

The pool is in a weird spot off to the side, but I would walk out of the front entrance and across the parking lot versus walking half the resort in hallways! So again if your close to the lobby, just walk out the front door and across the parking lot!

The walk to Jambo is 10 mins, 15 if you lolligag! We walked over 3 times, faster than waiting for a bus.

I am a light sleeper so I would request a top floor but overall it's not a loud resort so I would be too worried about that.

Happy planning

Another vote for Timon here. We have stayed at Kidani multiple times and this was our favorite location. It really is an easier walk to the pool gonig through the lobby than being on the "pool side" of the building, unless you happen to be right next to the walkway.

We got a room next to an elevator and it was 1am before all the noise stopped. Every time a family got off the elevator it was loud talking, screaming, crying, laughing and we would wake up. Please keep this interesting fact in mind as you book your room. Maybe close by but not next to. Twice now, we had had to change rooms due to elevator noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!