Kidani Village

scorpsfan

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Just thinking about staying here in Spring next year and was wondering how and if you can get around outside the resort area. Can you actually walk (I know it would be a long one!) to that street that's near there with the Olive Garden, Target, Publix etc.? When I look on Google Earth I can see a path or road (it looks like maybe employee parking?) that would be a quicker way of getting to that street. Has anyone done this or do you just recommend getting an Uber? And if you got an Uber, how much was it?
Also, how comfortable is the sofa bed in the standard room at Kidani? I keep thinking about any other sofa bed (thin, uncomfortable matress) I've stayed in any other hotel with. I can't think that it's exactly like that since this isn't a cheap resort. So hopefully it's a step up!

Thanks so much for any input and advice!

Also, how comfortable is the sofa bed...?

It's much better than the thin mattress sofa beds of old. It's not as good as the real beds IMO. But it's a personal preference kinda thing.

I agree that you cannot walk anywhere besides Jambo House. I always have a car (mine or a rental).

Often housekeeping will have an 'egg crate' pad you can request to cover the sleeper's mattress. So if you find it uncomfortable try calling them. They are not always available.

There is a road from the resort that goes past the tennis courts and heads towards that parking lot you see in Google Earth (the first parking lot) and then you see a another parking lot running parallel and closer to that public road you see, which does run to Publix and other stores in that area. That first parking lot is for MK employees. That second lot, more parellel to and closer to the road, is actually outside the resort and there is a perimeter fence along the area between the two lots that also runs behind that employee lot in the direction of the resort. Other walking directions tend to offer woods and swamps and some fencing, so it is not actually possible to walk safely to Publix. Moreover, if you walk any real distance down that road past the tennis courts (and I plead the Fifth on the issue), if seen by an employee, you will be told that access is limited to employees and you need to turn back..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter